• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Persephone on the verge of stasis

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Wouldn't go eat her pellets with Morpheus for OH. Was just flopped in their digging box.

I've given her a little metacam, some emeprid. She's now eaten some wood avens, bramble, some fruity baby food I got for just such an emergency, and finally a few of her pellets. She and Morph are now confined to their 'hutch' (it's over 30sqft) til morning. Mum is going to check her this eve just before bed. I have a terrible migraine compounded with insomnia last night.

This might be a sign that she finally needs that dental. Sigh.

Wouldn't go eat her pellets with Morpheus for OH. Was just flopped in their digging box.

I've given her a little metacam, some emeprid. She's now eaten some wood avens, bramble, some fruity baby food I got for just such an emergency, and finally a few of her pellets. She and Morph are now confined to their 'hutch' (it's over 30sqft) til morning. Mum is going to check her this eve just before bed. I have a terrible migraine compounded with insomnia last night.

Poor girlie :cry: Did you notice what her poo output is like ? I hope that she will improve overnight and I am sorry that you are not feeling well either x

I am sorry to hear that Persephone is not eating properly. It's tough when you're not feeling well yourself either :(

I hope both of you feel lots better tomorrow.

tlc I am sorry you are poorly, and this on top.

Vibes for Persephone :love:

I'm glad she's eaten a little. Do you happen to know whether she's poo'd at all, or would they both be combined?

Adding my vibes for both of you to be feeling better tomorrow. (((((((Huge hugs))))))) xxxx

Topping up the vibes for your beautiful girlie this morning. I hope you are feeling better too.

Persephone is very bright this morning. She's looking a lot happier than yesterday evening.

Yesterday, she ate her breakfast just fine, and was given a few treats (well, strawberry tops and blackberry leaves) throughout the day. It was literally just her evening meal she ignored.

I'm a little better too, after a decent night's sleep. Thanks everyone. :)

I'm going to get her booked in for her dental this week.

Persephone is very bright this morning. She's looking a lot happier than yesterday evening.

Yesterday, she ate her breakfast just fine, and was given a few treats (well, strawberry tops and blackberry leaves) throughout the day. It was literally just her evening meal she ignored.

Glad to hear that you are both feeling better :)

I thought about you last night, but didn't want to bother you again by asking how you all were!

So glad to hear this update :D

Persephone Floofernugget is still doing fine after her little 'incident'. Her chronically shy husbun, Morpheus, has let me give him noserubs 2 days in a row.

I still need to book that dental. Will have to try first thing in the morning. I'm glad she's ok in herself now, but I want to make sure it doesn't happen again any time soon.

Glad to hear she's still OK. It must have been lovely for you that Morpheus agreed to nose rubs :love: They make a super couple.

Yes, if you know she's got to have the dental I guess it's not sensible to put it off and risk her not being in an "OK" state to have it.

I've been following.
But just sending vibes for a dental tomorrow that goes smoothy. (Or whenever it's arranged for) xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks Omi and dp.

Persephone is now booked in for her dental on the 25th. It's that far away purely to have the most experienced rabbit vet on the case as Seffy's mouth is, and I quote, "a mess". I thought it best to make sure that was the case.

Thanks Omi and dp.

Persephone is now booked in for her dental on the 25th. It's that far away purely to have the most experienced rabbit vet on the case as Seffy's mouth is, and I quote, "a mess". I thought it best to make sure that was the case.

It's certainly what I would do :D

I hope all keeps well in the meantime x

P was a little dozy in the sun when I just looked out of my window. Was worried she was about to give me a repeat performance. Tempted her to eat with a bit of willowherb and some fresh grass. (But she had to share the grass with Morph; quelle horreur!) I think she was just lazing in the sun.

2 days until her dental. Worried for her, poor wee poppet.

P was a little dozy in the sun when I just looked out of my window. Was worried she was about to give me a repeat performance. Tempted her to eat with a bit of willowherb and some fresh grass. (But she had to share the grass with Morph; quelle horreur!) I think she was just lazing in the sun.

2 days until her dental. Worried for her, poor wee poppet.

Try to be brave for her. Our animals like us to be brave :D

Back