Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord H- U/D 12th July - Another Seizure-- Severe :-(

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    It worked for me. That must be so odd / scary to witness, it does seem a long time. Does he start hopping around normally afterwards, or does it take a while / disorientate him? He's gorgeous btw x
    He gradually 'comes back' and usually shakes a bit then carries on as if nothing has happened. Although on two occasions he started to twitch and had a full blown seizure Both seizures only lasted for about 60 seconds and apart from being a bit disorientated for a short while he seems OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    He gradually 'comes back' and usually shakes a bit then carries on as if nothing has happened. Although on two occasions he started to twitch and had a full blown seizure Both seizures only lasted for about 60 seconds and apart from being a bit disorientated for a short while he seems OK.
    Having witnessed grand mal seizures in Zara cat, I can definitely relate to just how distressing it can be. She acts a little spaced out/on edge prior to seizures, but she hasn't had one for a long while thanks to treatment. Her spaced out phase is nothing like Lord H's, more momentarily. How awful it is for you both.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:
    Rabbits: Elphie & Morningstar, Helios & Selene, Athena, Erasmus & Rivergrace, Persephone & Morpheus, Arce, Yuki, & Niji
    Cats: Brannigan, Nyssa, Zara, & Ajali
    Tortoise: Aurora
    Guinea Pigs: Delta & Epsilon (Epsie)
    Gone, but not forgotten: Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, Iris

T. L. Cowell - Author & Freelance Writer
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Oh god, Jane, I could play the second link you posted and...jeez
    I can only imagine how horrific it is when he seizes after that. How on earth do you get through it?
    Poor love. Please give him a gentle noserub from me at your next opportunity. I feel so sad for you both. I wish we knew better how the brain worked and how to reverse the ills that befall it. xxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    Oh god, Jane, I could play the second link you posted and...jeez
    I can only imagine how horrific it is when he seizes after that. How on earth do you get through it?
    Poor love. Please give him a gentle noserub from me at your next opportunity. I feel so sad for you both. I wish we knew better how the brain worked and how to reverse the ills that befall it. xxxxxxx
    The amazing thing is that once each 'episode' ends Lord H just goes about his business as if nothing had happened. Meanwhile it takes me hours to de-stress. The worst part is never knowing if an 'episode' will go on to a full seizure. So far this has 'only' happened twice.

My lovely Vet is going to consult with Richard Saunders to see if he can suggest a way forward for Lord H XX

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    The amazing thing is that once each 'episode' ends Lord H just goes about his business as if nothing had happened. Meanwhile it takes me hours to de-stress. The worst part is never knowing if an 'episode' will go on to a full seizure. So far this has 'only' happened twice.
    Aw, brave little guy. I can only imagine how stressful it must be for you. I hope Richard Saunders can help x

Warren Veteran

It must be so scary I have never witnessed anything like that before. I really hope that Richard Saunders will be able to help.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and the lovely Lord H and this consult with C and Richard. Bless you both, I hope something can be done to help your fine lad. xxxxxxx

Sending vibes x

please please may we have as many vibes as possible, i think i'm losing him..................