• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord H- U/D 12th July - Another Seizure-- Severe :-(

Thank you all for your support. This morning Lord H is his 'normal for Lord H' self. You'd have to know him and his 'issues' to know what I mean. He has dysautonomia which we already know is effecting his GI tract and his heart. It can also cause 'dysautonomic seizures' AKA 'non epileptic seizures'.Of course without yet more diagnostics we cant be certain that the seizure is related to dysautonomia but we are going to watch and wait for now. Given his complex health problems a battery of more diagnostics is not appropriate at this stage.

Sorry I missed this yesterday but glad to be reading of such a good improvement. I hope there's no lasting damage.

I'm glad he is back to normal for him, topping up the vibes that he will remain well.

Glad to here he has improved, it must be very distressing for you both when he has a seizure. Hope he is more comfy now, poor boy.

Is this a dysautonomia 'thing' Jane, or another 'thing'?

Without a lot more diagnostics, which at the moment would not be in his best interests to do, it's impossible to say for certain. But it is likely to be related to the dysautonomia.

For anyone interested this is what is 'normal' poo for Lord H

As you can see he can pass enormous oval fecal poo. It took over a year to get him from passing almost liquid fecals all day every day to this. It is very important that he has a good fluid intake. If a large fecal poo became impacted and dehydrated he'd be in big trouble.

If he has any pellet feed at all his fecals go back to liquid again.

Many of you have seen this video before, which shows how it is actually possible to see how his GI tract is effected every day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdAjaB0_xuo

You're such a dedicated bunny mum.
I'm actually impressed by his faecal pellets in all honesty.
How do you manage to get him to drink enough?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You're such a dedicated bunny mum.
I'm actually impressed by his faecal pellets in all honesty.
How do you manage to get him to drink enough?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

He absolutely LOVES warm peppermint tea with a pinch of Avipro Plus in it. I have had some flack for giving him Avipro, but IMHO it has been a HUGE benefit to him. He has a small bowl full of tea in the morning and another in the evening. He also drinks plain water throughout the day. He eats a massive amount of hay and that makes him thirsty so he always drinks well.

It's interesting to see his poop, I'm so glad you knew what to do to keep him on track :thumb:

I can visualise him drinking tea from a tea cup too :love::lol:

Back