• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Insurance

No one else has answered!
We took out a Pets at Home policy last year, although I think they are now discontinuing their insurance.
A lot of people recommend Pet Plan, although when we looked they were more expensive than Pets at home.
There are a few other companies, so may be worthwhile searching on here

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

We took out a Pets at Home policy last year, although I think they are now discontinuing their insurance.
A lot of people recommend Pet Plan, although when we looked they were more expensive than Pets at home.

Well you only gave us 5 minutes Horace :roll:

There's been loads of thread hot cross ... As for Pets at Home, aren't their policies being taken over by Pet Plan?

Pet plan 100%

I deal with them as a policy holder now, but have also had to deal with them as a Veterinary practice.

I've dealt with other companies too and PP were by far the best & easiest.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well you only gave us 5 minutes Horace :roll:

Sorry MM, I am not usually that quick of the mark. I will write out "I must be more patient" 100 times as a suitable punishment

Pets @ Home have certainly made some changes, our renewal is next month so I will be enlightened then [emoji45]

Sorry MM, I am not usually that quick of the mark. I will write out "I must be more patient" 100 times as a suitable punishment

Pets @ Home have certainly made some changes, our renewal is next month so I will be enlightened then [emoji45]

No, to be fair, you aren't usually that quick :lol:

I'm a fairly easy-going MMax - how about 50 lines? ;)

pets at home have an insurance? :?

their vets do a care plan thngi.. but its not really insurance to me. its just you get certain free things at their vets and discounts. like free microchip, vaccinations, flystrike etc. and then you can pick 6 things from a list to get discounts and so on. we pay £7 a month. but it doesn't really act like an insurance. if your bun breaks a leg and you pay out £1000, you can't claim on that. maybe a discount if its applicable but you'll still have to pay that £1000.

unless i'm thinking of something else? :oops:

Petplan seem to be regarded as the safest option but their excesses and premiums are really high for older bunnies so that's something to bear in mind. Elijah's insurance (now aged nearly 8.) is £250 a year, the excess is £100 plus 20%). I will get benefit from Elijah's insurance but with my bunnies that don't have pre-exiting conditions I've actually cancelled as I don't think I'm going to get value out of them so opted to go without. If buying a policy now I'd probably go for Helpucover but I'm really not sure. The old P@H terms re premiums v excess was the only one I was truly happy with.

12 hours and 15 minutes is a long time with no other replies. ;)

Don't worry about your P@H policy. Sadly P@H are not doing new policies on the old terms and conditions they are now using Petplan to provide insurance for them so are going by Petplan T&C which basically means as there is £2,000 allowance so the premiums are higher BUT this is just for new policies. If you have a policy predating them using Pp then you will stick with your old T&C so the premium will rise but not by much. The main reason I liked the old P@H T&C is the excess didn't change in the bunny's lifetime, it's not extortionate when they get to 5+ years.

Last edited:
Petplan seem to be regarded as the safest option but their excesses and premiums are really high for older bunnies so that's something to bear in mind. Elijah's insurance (now aged nearly 8.) is £250 a year, the excess is £100 plus 20%). I will get benefit from Elijah's insurance but with my bunnies that don't have pre-exiting conditions I've actually cancelled as I don't think I'm going to get value out of them so opted to go without. If buying a policy now I'd probably go for Helpucover but I'm really not sure. The old P@H terms re premiums v excess was the only one I was truly happy with.

12 hours and 15 minutes is a long time with no other replies. ;)

Don't worry about your P@H policy. Sadly P@H are not doing new policies on the old terms and conditions they are now using Petplan to provide insurance for them so are going by Petplan T&C which basically means as there is £2,000 allowance so the premiums are higher BUT this is just for new policies. If you have a policy predating them using Pp then you will stick with your old T&C so the premium will rise but not by much. The main reason I liked the old P@H T&C is the excess didn't change in the bunny's lifetime, it's not extortionate when they get to 5+ years.

:roll:

Back