• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable flooring for indoor bunny.

Bella123

New Kit
Hi,

I am interested in safety flooring, for a room in which I am going to put some future bunnies into.

I think this might be better then lino as it is non slip in most cases.

What is everyones thought on safety flooring, is it as non slip as they make out?

Could you use it on it's own for traction for bunnies?

Is it good in terms of bunnies and sore hocks?

Would you still need seagrass mats for traction?

If I still need seagrass mats would sisal mats do as well?

What's the best way to make a seagrass/ sisal mat anti slip?

What other safe options for mats are there that are non slip?

Sorry for all the questions I'm a total newbie to bunnies!

Just a little bump :)
I don't have the time to answer right not but will be back to answer later if no one has beaten me to it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Industrial safety flooring is very non slip, but is extremely expensive, and is normally a bit gritty in texture almost, which I'm not sure would be good for rabbits hocks long term. I've used non slip vynil floor in hutches in the past, they were fine for being non slip. When I had outdoor rabbits in a shed I used rubber flooring similar to stable matting, it was actually used conveyor belt matting. That is very good.

I have laminate flooring in my bunny room floor, it is quite textured, it was done before I ended up with a house rabbit, but I have had 2 rabbits and they have managed fine, although some rabbits don't like going on laminate floor.

I have laminate flooring in my bunny room floor, it is quite textured, it was done before I ended up with a house rabbit, but I have had 2 rabbits and they have managed fine, although some rabbits don't like going on laminate floor.

Us too - we put in new laminate flooring about a year before the bunny was thought of, so it's far too new to replace and he just has to manage on it. He occasionally has a bit of a 'scramble' when he panics (think cartoony legs windmilling but not going anywhere for a second or two) but he's generally fine. One thing which seems to help is keeping his nails short - I can tell when they need cutting because the incidents of running on the spot go up quite a bit.

Back