• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Various hamsters, Nottingham

n3lnbd.jpg

Ruffle <3 He's been waiting for a home for 5 months! :eek:

OMG so cute! I'd love a Roborovski hamster but OH has vetoed all suggestions of having one. :(

I absolutely cannot understand why all these cuties haven't found homes yet. :(

Ginger Snap has now been adopted :) Raspberry, Ruffle & Snowy are still waiting. We also have degus, rats & guinea pigs looking for homes

We recently took on 12 Syrian hamsters as part of a mass rescue that involved quite a few other centres too.

Papaya is one of the girls who is ready for a home now

I took her to the vets to have a lump on her chest removed but it turned out to be just cartilage that's formed possibly over an old injury.
Luckily they found out that that's all it was before starting operating so she's completely fine and ready for adoption :)

Lovely boy Cricket is one of the ones with neurological problems due to bad genetics and being inbred.
This video was taken when he first arrived whilst he was in one of my emergency set-ups. He now lives in an Alaska and loves his large trixie wheel. I wasn't sure if he'd take to a wheel very well but he loves it. I'll get a new video of him soon :) He's not ready for adoption yet as his right eye still needs to get better.

This gorgeous boy is Speckle, he was missing a foot! Quite a few of the hamsters that were rescued by other places had missing limbs too. Speckle was the only one of mine that did.
He's been adopted now by someone who adopted a pair of rabbits from us before <3

I have a massive gerbilarium just sitting in my shed.. don't tempt me!

I think we've met on a degu forum haven't we @xfallenxskyx? If so, you'll know I'm full at the mo, but Spring means Jim bun can go outside, so I'll have room then.. would we be able to arrange transport? I don't drive, but can pay for petrol & expenses. It's a looong way, but it'd be a top notch forever home. There aren't many of the little ones in rescues around her that I can find to adopt, plenty of guinea pigs & rabbits but not much else. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing..

If you need transport Nottingham to the North-East I'm relatively available and more than happy to drive up to 4hrs in one direction to drop a new adoptee off :)

According to Google it's around 2 & a half hour journey from Nottingham to my town but I don't drive, so I have no real idea if it's viable or not? The cage I have is the Falco one from zooplus, the largest at 100cm w x 75cm h x 50cm depth. We've mainly had gerbil duos in there, but I don't see why a robo or syrian wouldn't love it too. Seems a shame to waste it.

Only problem is the animal room is currently full 'cos people want rid of rabbits at christmas & Jim is taking up all the extra room. I don't think I could squeeze it in until he goes outside.

Oh they're lovely! I'm from Derby originally, and it's typical that now I've moved I can't find rescue hams anywhere in NI!

According to Google it's around 2 & a half hour journey from Nottingham to my town
2.5hrs is my 'usual' trip, down to Essex or up to Burnley, though I dunno how well hammies travel!

Oh they're lovely! I'm from Derby originally, and it's typical that now I've moved I can't find rescue hams anywhere in NI!
Might be a bit far to 'drive'! :lol: When I get my airplane licence I'll let you know :thumb:

Mabel has now been adopted :)
Ones ready for adoption are: Strawberry (needs occasional bottom incisors burring), Papaya, Penny, Ruffle

Olivia is one of the girls who are looking for a home. One of her eyes is underdeveloped (some of this inbred family were born with no eyes or partial eyes)

Aaaw. I have been looking to adopt another hamster. Bochy (who came from ARC) had to be put to sleep as he developed a tumour on his face. He lived in my bedroom in two cages joined together with a tube and it is sooooo quiet without him. I live in Hampshire though:(

I went to look at PAH adoption today but they have no animals in at all as they are converting the upstairs into a veterinary surgery. There were no hamsters locally needing a home in Gumtree either when I looked.

I have no idea where Nottingham is but I think it is a long way from Hampshire:( I'm going to Warwickshire next week to stay with Mrs. Bunnykins. Is that any nearer?

I'm really not sure because i'm not a driver. It might be worth messaging Austin's Hamster Haven, they're based in Doncaster but they transport the animals to the new homes themselves. Some of their hamsters are from the same family as my ones :)

Back