• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panacur 10% liquid dose

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
for cats & dogs - how much to give bunnies? I tried to google, honest, but just confused myself.

Joey & Boo are 2.4 k, Mouse is 2.9

Does it say anywhere on it what the amount of panacur in each ml is?

The dose of fenbendazole according to the panacur rabbit data sheet is 20mg/kg.http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-455790 so if you can see how much there is in a ml of the liquid we should be able to work it out. It's been many, many years since I used panacur liquid so I can't remember...something like 0.2mg/kg rings a bell but I would want to see it worked out properly!

The other thing I've heard about the liquid one is that it's really, really important to shake it very well before use, because it settles out in the bottle a lot so you could easily under or overdose without shaking it well.

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-455815 Ok so scroll down and this says for dogs/cats "1 ml per 1 kg body weight as a single oral dose (= 100 mg fenbendazole/kg body weight)." So if 1ml has 100mg, then 0.2ml has 20mg. So that would make sense that it should be 0.2mg/kg as per my recollection above...wouldn't it? Would want someone else to verify though!

Last edited:
is there no end to your bunny knowledge & helping ability Santa - thank you so much. I'm not the brightest spark in the box at the best of times so will examine that in the morning when I've not had a cheeky rum & cola. OH took the buns to their vaccination app this week & shared my thoughts about panacur treatment. The vet said she'd be happy to advise if "i bought a different species one" so I'll get her to double check

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/?id=-455815 Ok so scroll down and this says for dogs/cats "1 ml per 1 kg body weight as a single oral dose (= 100 mg fenbendazole/kg body weight)." So if 1ml has 100mg, then 0.2ml has 20mg. So that would make sense that it should be 0.2mg/kg as per my recollection above...wouldn't it? Would want someone else to verify though!

Correct except that you typo'd 'mg' instead of 'ml'. I usually do that !!

It is 0.2ml/kg/day

Panacur 10% -

1ml = 100mg Fenbendazole

So 0.1ml = 10mg Fenbendazole

So a 0.2ml dose = 20mg Fenbendazole.

Now I need to go and have a lie down in a darkened room !!

Last edited:
Thank You both. That seems easy enough (now you have both done the maths for me:lol:)

So Joey & Boo 0.5, Mouse 0.6:thumb:

not a fan of the liquid stuff. Chalky white blobs all over me clothes & the house. Lady Boo is very difficult to medicate. She is very, erm, willful

Is it ok to continue their treatment by switching half way through to the paste. I'm assuming so since it is the same drug

I don't see why not, like you say, it's the same drug. I'd check with your vet though just to be sure. I guess it's because the liquid is 'flavoured' (or just no flavour at all) for carnivores whereas the panacur/lapizole is actually flavoured for bunnies!

I don't see why not, like you say, it's the same drug. I'd check with your vet though just to be sure. I guess it's because the liquid is 'flavoured' (or just no flavour at all) for carnivores whereas the panacur/lapizole is actually flavoured for bunnies!

really :shock: my poor little rabbits. I think I remember FHB saying baytril (maybe?) had a liver flavoured one. I'd think I'd dreamt that but Bob remembers it too

Thanks Alison

not a fan of the liquid stuff. Chalky white blobs all over me clothes & the house. Lady Boo is very difficult to medicate. She is very, erm, willful

Is it ok to continue their treatment by switching half way through to the paste. I'm assuming so since it is the same drug

Yes, same drug, same dose - why not if it saves all the white blob cleaning up :D

Back