Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New friend or not?

Warren Scout

Default New friend or not?

I lost my first rabbit back in January, to suspected liver disease, he cost 350 in vet bills and I only had him 3 months.

I got Brandi and Bailey after he passed as I missed having rabbits, now Bailey has gone to rainbow bridge, and cost over 400 in vets bills

I'm hesitant to get another rabbit but I don't want Brandi to be lonely, obviously if he shows signs of being stressed or lonely I will go hunting for another friend for him

Warren Scout

Give it some time, its early days. You're distressed still about losing Bailey and you may find you want another one to pair with Brandi going forward.

If Brandi appears okay at the moment I'd give yourself a bit more time to greave before rebonding.

I highly recommend having a look into pet insurance for Brandi so that vet fees will be covered (pre-existing conditions won't be covered).

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    If Brandi appears okay at the moment I'd give yourself a bit more time to greave before rebonding.

I highly recommend having a look into pet insurance for Brandi so that vet fees will be covered (pre-existing conditions won't be covered).

I have but 200 a year for a rabbit that only covers 2000 is quite a lot considering he's neutered and only 3! I don't even pay that for my 10 year old dog!

Warren Scout

It's the heart break as well when they pass, I've lost 3 pets since January

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymad21 View Post
    I have but 200 a year for a rabbit that only covers 2000 is quite a lot considering he's neutered and only 3! I don't even pay that for my 10 year old dog!
    Worth shopping around. I wouldn't be without insurance... my girls isn't even 2 and she's cost around 1,500 this year.

I know it's still hard losing them xx

So sorry for your losses. I agree about taking some time before making a decision x

See how you feel in 2/3 weeks. It's early days and you've been through a lot x

Warren Scout

I don't need to think about it anymore, Brandi looks very lonely and is very quiet unless I'm with him, he needs a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymad21 View Post
    I spent over 5000 on my 2 year old rabbit last year and another 3000 on his bonded partner of the same age. Luckily we were insured but we completely maxed it out on both of them. I also have another 2 rabbits that are around the same age and they've had no issues whatsoever but I still wouldn't risk cancelling their insurance. I just wouldn't be without it now! If money is a concern then get her insured because you never know what is going to happen with rabbits!