Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jasmine

Default Jasmine

Jasmine came to live with me in August 2015. She was intended to be bonded to Polo but it never quite worked out! But they preferred to live happily side by side until I lost Polo in April last year.

Jasmine had a horrid start in life being a breeders rabbit, she was handled roughly and kept in something the size of a box and repeatedly bred from. She was so scared when she came to me that she'd shake at the sight of a human. Over time, she calmed down and learnt that we weren't all bad. She loved her food, she loved her home and she loved all the space in the garden. I never got to 'know' her as I have with previous rabbits as although she got used to humans she wasn't keen on too much human company! But I loved her all the same. She was always well, aside from a few dentals.

She started showing signs of not being right at the beginning of last week, at first there was nothing obvious wrong that the vets could find, but at the weekend she was diagnosed with some sort of heart condition after an X-ray showed she was full of fluid. We tried medication but it was not to be and she passed away yesterday evening. I'm heartbroken.

Love you Jasmine x

I'm so sorry you lost her you did everything you could for her.

Binky free Jasmine xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Veteran

She was a beautiful rabbit and I'm so sorry you lost her

Mama Doe

I'm sorry for your loss,at least she knew love and care whilst you had her,binky free Jasmine.

What a beautiful girl. Thank you for showing her the love she deserved after so much maltreatment. I'm sorry you lost her.

Binky free, Jasmine.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:
    Rabbits: Elphie & Morningstar, Helios & Selene, Athena, Erasmus & Rivergrace, Persephone & Morpheus, Arce, Yuki, & Niji
    Cats: Brannigan, Nyssa, Zara, & Ajali
    Tortoise: Aurora
    Guinea Pigs: Delta & Epsilon (Epsie)
    Gone, but not forgotten: Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, Iris

T. L. Cowell - Author & Freelance Writer
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

What brave and beautiful rabbit. And what a wonderfully caring owner.

Hugs xx

I'm glad you gave her happiness and a lovely home. Sweet dreams beautiful Jasmine xx

I am very sorry that Jasmine passed away, she was a beautiful Rabbit xx

Warren Scout

Binky free Jasmine x

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I miss her so much. I'm full of guilt that I killed her. Her condition had deteriorated between lunch time on Wednesday and around 6pm, when I next saw her. I know she would've died anyway but she wouldn't have died at that moment had I not picked her up to medicate her and stressed her out too much that she just collapsed and died when I put her down. She deserved so much better than that.

I'm sorry Jaz xx

Sleep Tight Rory and Zebedee, we will always love you xxxx