• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasmine

*Bex*

Mama Doe
:cry:

Jasmine came to live with me in August 2015. She was intended to be bonded to Polo but it never quite worked out! But they preferred to live happily side by side until I lost Polo in April last year.

Jasmine had a horrid start in life being a breeders rabbit, she was handled roughly and kept in something the size of a box and repeatedly bred from. She was so scared when she came to me that she'd shake at the sight of a human. Over time, she calmed down and learnt that we weren't all bad. She loved her food, she loved her home and she loved all the space in the garden. I never got to 'know' her as I have with previous rabbits as although she got used to humans she wasn't keen on too much human company! But I loved her all the same. She was always well, aside from a few dentals.

She started showing signs of not being right at the beginning of last week, at first there was nothing obvious wrong that the vets could find, but at the weekend she was diagnosed with some sort of heart condition after an X-ray showed she was full of fluid. We tried medication but it was not to be and she passed away yesterday evening. I'm heartbroken.

Love you Jasmine x

54hto3.jpg

110xith.jpg

14ilm34.jpg

I'm so sorry you lost her :cry: you did everything you could for her.

Binky free Jasmine xx

What a beautiful girl. Thank you for showing her the love she deserved after so much maltreatment. I'm sorry you lost her.

Binky free, Jasmine.

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I miss her so much. I'm full of guilt that I killed her. Her condition had deteriorated between lunch time on Wednesday and around 6pm, when I next saw her. I know she would've died anyway but she wouldn't have died at that moment had I not picked her up to medicate her and stressed her out too much that she just collapsed and died when I put her down. She deserved so much better than that.

I'm sorry Jaz xx

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

I miss her so much. I'm full of guilt that I killed her. Her condition had deteriorated between lunch time on Wednesday and around 6pm, when I next saw her. I know she would've died anyway but she wouldn't have died at that moment had I not picked her up to medicate her and stressed her out too much that she just collapsed and died when I put her down. She deserved so much better than that.

I'm sorry Jaz xx

I know we've spoken about this, and I believe you did nothing to accelerate her passing. You were doing what you needed to do, and it would've happened. She was a poorly girl and you loved her deeply.

Hugs to you xx

I know we've spoken about this, and I believe you did nothing to accelerate her passing. You were doing what you needed to do, and it would've happened. She was a poorly girl and you loved her deeply.

Hugs to you xx

I just wish I'd left her peacefully sat in her favourite spot rather than stress her out and push her heart over the edge, I know she would've soon passed but I feel the stress of me trying to medicate her at that moment was just more than her heart could take xx

Back