• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

F10 Products

cara

Alpha Buck
Teddy's EC has flared up again, with vengeance :cry: Peeing all over the place and wet rear end.

Took Teddy to the vets where he spent the day being clipped, in stages - rather than be sadated.

A couple of the vets had mentioned F10 and I asked them to apply some before I took him home. They have applied F10 spray on his fur at the back, not around the urine scald. I am wondering if they used the most appropriate F10 product? Should it have been the barrier cream?

This spray cost £23 from the vets (around £10 online). I believe it can repel Flys but not sure it was if it was the intended version of F10?

Teddy's EC has flared up again, with vengeance :cry: Peeing all over the place and wet rear end.

Took Teddy to the vets where he spent the day being clipped, in stages - rather than be sadated.

A couple of the vets had mentioned F10 and I asked them to apply some before I took him home. They have applied F10 spray on his fur at the back, not around the urine scald. I am wondering if they used the most appropriate F10 product? Should it have been the barrier cream?

This spray cost £23 from the vets (around £10 online). I believe it can repel Flys but not sure it was if it was the intended version of F10?

Sorry to hear about Teddy :(

You already know my views on F10! :)

Is it the wound spray with insecticide? It should be OK to use on the urine scald area once it has been cleaned and dried. I've used it on open wounds from jaw abscess surgery. Just be careful if there are cats around - it's toxic to them (just the insecticidal products).

There are various barrier creams available - most of the usual nappy creams are OK, and I'm sure other people can recommend different creams, including F10.

I would carry on with what you have started and see how it goes. Urine scald normally heals up within a few days if the area is kept clean and dry. Creams can sometimes just make it messier if it is applied on fur rather than shaved areas. The F10 insecticidal wound spray is easy to apply and will help prevent flystrike.

Sorry to hear about Teddy :(

You already know my views on F10! :)

Hi MightyMax :wave:

Do you know, I have utter brain fog. The entire situation, in conjunction with other stuff has left me frazzled.

So, will look back, but guessing you are not a fan!

I was swayed because I had thought it was a barrier cream, healing, repellent and a spray to easier to apply. In any event, I guess I have ended up with an insect repellent.

I always appreciate your advice. I will look back to see exactly what you said. Meanwhile I have left a message at the vets so will see what they come back with.

Is it the wound spray with insecticide? It should be OK to use on the urine scald area once it has been cleaned and dried. I've used it on open wounds from jaw abscess surgery. Just be careful if there are cats around - it's toxic to them (just the insecticidal products).

There are various barrier creams available - most of the usual nappy creams are OK, and I'm sure other people can recommend different creams, including F10.

I would carry on with what you have started and see how it goes. Urine scald normally heals up within a few days if the area is kept clean and dry. Creams can sometimes just make it messier if it is applied on fur rather than shaved areas. The F10 insecticidal wound spray is easy to apply and will help prevent flystrike.

Thanks for your reply Shimmer :)

Yes, it is the spray. The vet nurse didn't spray on the wound, but on his fur. Is this how it should be used?

just taken a look at the F10 problems and the opinions are so conflicting. Your experience is much more positive than Mightmax for instance.

Ok, have had a long telephone discussion with vet who first started using F10 on the advice of Molly (expert vet). Her experience is positive. I mentioned the conflicting views and she did point out that with any adverse reaction, discontinue use and get back in touch with vets. She also feels it is appropriate as she is wary of Teddy getting a skin infection in addition to his urine scald.

Having said that, as she instructed, I applied some on his sore areas after a rear-end wash this evening. Is it co-incidence that Teddy has since been 'shifting from foot to foot'? Almost like a wobble? I am going to post re this on another thread I think. I am feeling very apprehensive :(

Back