Thread: Recommendations for piggy run?

Mama Doe

Default Recommendations for piggy run?

I want to get the piggies a foldable run - currently they use the bunnies one but it's a shame as I have to rotate them, so looking to get them their own one.

It needs to be foldable and ideally 6ft as they like their space. Obviously no need for it to be very tall infact it would be better if it was shorter as it will be easier to fold / store.

Boyle's and Welfare hutches have long waiting lists, which I will do, but I'd rather get sooner rather than later

Anyone got any recommendations?
    Many thanks
    Bunny mum to Jessie, Woody, Noah (trio) and newcomer River! Not forgetting Hettie & Sweep who live with their grandad but visit often
    Piggy mum to Mabel, Molly and Peaches

Remembering Skye, Maisie-pig and Marley-pig. Always in our hearts and very much missed

Looking for welfare orientated bunny boarding in Hampshire? Visit www.chestnutcorner.co.uk or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chestnutcorner

Warren Scout

I know pets at home stock a folding run, its called the rose run, not sure of size but its square

Warren Scout

Have a look on gumtree to see if anyone local makes them. I found a guy making hutches nearby (far too small actually but well made) and I contacted him and he made me a bespoke run. It wasn't actually cheaper than I could have got on eBay but was bigger and better quality. He made it in a quarter of the time it took Boyles and I couldn't wait that long lol. Also on eBay there's a seller makes small guinea and tortoise runs, you could see if they would make a bigger one?

We got our amazing run bespoke made by Dave at www.ukrabbithutches.co.uk. He did a really good job and in a reasonable amount of time.

On their website they have lots of 2ft and 3ft high runs in a variety of sizes or you can request something x

I got a chartwell hutch from https://homeandroost.co.uk/product-c.../rabbit-runs1/

It came very quickly and although it is not as good quality as a boyles pet housing one or a welfare hutch company one it did arrive nice and fast.

It is in my shed used as a hay cupboard now as I keep the guinea pigs indoors!

I've been waiting months for my piggy run to arrive from Manor Pet Housing - I know it will be good quality and so worth the wait but .......... argh!!! The piggies currently have a folding metal 6x3 run which I got from ebay. It has nice small spacing between the bars but I won't go out and leave them in it as it's lightweight and could be easily tipped. I agree about contacting some of the ebay sellers who make wooden runs to see if they'll do you something to your specifications.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES