Thread: Any ideas on how to make a rabbit stop using a litter tray like its a corner tray?

Young Bun

Default Any ideas on how to make a rabbit stop using a litter tray like its a corner tray?

Hi, when i got my rabbit, he was already litter trained before,however it was in a corner litter tray. I got him a normal litter tray hoping he would adapt but he still uses the normal tray as if it were a corner tray. This is getting very annoying as when I lift the tray i sometimes see that he missed the tray and peed all over his bedding.
    Any ideas on how to get him to use the litter tray "normally" ?

Presumably he's peeing over the top of the tray? They do tend to go in the corners so you do need quite a deep litter tray to prevent this, I use under bed storage boxes.

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Casco View Post
    Presumably he's peeing over the top of the tray? They do tend to go in the corners so you do need quite a deep litter tray to prevent this, I use under bed storage boxes.
    Ah okay, getting a higher litter tray should fix him peeing over the top. Thanks

Also, a cut and folded sheet of plastic, coroplast, or whatever water resistant standing in the corner inside the tray helps.

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Preitler View Post
    Also, a cut and folded sheet of plastic, coroplast, or whatever water resistant standing in the corner inside the tray helps.
    I'll sure try that too!