Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've been a bit naughty

Default I've been a bit naughty

Hi all,

So, we have another new addition

He is a lovely little 18 month old lionhead. I saw him for sale and couldn't resist and bought him home this evening. It's all change here, Dottie and Ziggy have moved to the new playhouse outside and this new little one has my dd's bedroom.

We thought it best to keep him inside while he's alone, but plan to get him neutered and bonded over the next few months. Then we will probably review things and possibly move them outside too.

I have had to agree to a compromise and give some of the room back to my dd, but he still has plenty of space. She needs to be able to use her desk and computer so we've jigged things around.

No name for him yet. Photos to follow soon, so maybe I can get some suggestions x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Warren Scout

Aww a new bunny, how lovely! What colour is he?
    Every time I go out, my OH calls - don't get any more rabbits! Lol. My son, who's 11, said today -wait a few months Mum, he'll forget and you can get another one. Teehee.

Wise Old Thumper

Wow, how exciting

So will he be bonded to Dottie and Ziggy or are you going to get him a doe of his own?

Hah! You can never resist, can you? Congratulations on the latest addition though.

Some name suggestions - Luca, Rowan, Ackley, Arlo, Delwyn, Fortune, Algie, Eachan (Gaelic for Little Horse!), Amandus (Latin, Worthy of Love - my Erasmus's name is Greek and means Worthy of Being Loved), Arledge (Anglo-Saxon, Dweller by the lake where the rabbit dances), Arlie (Anglo-Saxon, From the rabbit meadow. Variants include Arley, Arly, and Harley).

...I have a book of baby names by my bed. For naming fictional characters, and rabbits apparently. It's where I found Erasmus's name, but I did consider Arley because of the meaning. But Erasmus's meaning and the fact he was advertised as being special needs won me over.
    Twitter: @tlcwrites
    Owned by:

*Nyssa & Zara the cats*Aurora the horsefield's tortoise*Delta, Zeta, & Eta the guinea pigs*
    Never forgetting Nessarose, Archimedes, Lelantos, Galinda, Bee, Takumi, Apollo, and Iris

Hopping Mad - Bespoke timber homes and accessories for small pets.
    TLC's Home for Wayward Buns now has a Facebook Page! Feel free to like us for regular updates on them.

Thanks guys What can I say, I'm a sucker for a bun in need.

I get that too CL. My dh will say no more and then oh go on then, cos he's a softy and likes them too lol. Bun is white with dark brown patches and a peppery / speckled pattern all over his back. It'll be tomorrow before I can get some pics up now.

The plan is to get him a friend of his own, probably from the same rescue as Ziggy

Thanks for the name ideas tlc, my girls front runner is Spud lol, so nothing particularly sophisticated

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    Thanks guys What can I say, I'm a sucker for a bun in need.

I get that too CL. My dh will say no more and then oh go on then, cos he's a softy and likes them too lol. Bun is white with dark brown patches and a peppery / speckled pattern all over his back. It'll be tomorrow before I can get some pics up now.

The plan is to get him a friend of his own, probably from the same rescue as Ziggy

Thanks for the name ideas tlc, my girls front runner is Spud lol, so nothing particularly sophisticated

Well done you! Was he off the free ads?

Regarding names - my daughters wanted to call our dog teabag before I vetoed it

Wow you're building up your own little warren Welcome to your new bun, hope he settles well. Lucky boy

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Well done you! Was he off the free ads?

Regarding names - my daughters wanted to call our dog teabag before I vetoed it
    Ha that's funny.

Yes, from gumtree. I shouldn't keep looking, but I can't help it. Having decided against those others I had seen, I though this little one was one I could take. There was another bun there, a female, but she had allowed them to be together and suspected she was pregnant, so was keeping her for the time being. I have said well you have my number if in the future there's anything we can do. Obviously they shouldn't have let it happen really, but at least we have the male now.

Yeah it is turning into a bit of a Warren Casco I love it!

Here he is The cage is kept open btw x

Oh he's a cutie

Quote Originally Posted by TheThreeB's View Post
    Yeah it is turning into a bit of a Warren Casco I love it!
    Yes I think you do! As much as I would love more I'm aware of the time and money needed to do this so I opted for fostering for a local rescue instead of adopting more - I'm actually really enjoying this as I get to meet so many lovely rabbits and take care of them until they find a fab new home. So far I've only kept 1 of them