Thread: How much?

Warren Scout

Default How much?

I'm gradually getting Brandi used to fresh forage, he's always had grass and veg but I've started giving brambles and dandelions.
    How many bramble leaves can he have a day?
    He had half a leaf Sunday and Monday night, is it ok to increase it tonight?

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymad21 View Post
    I'm gradually getting Brandi used to fresh forage, he's always had grass and veg but I've started giving brambles and dandelions.
    How many bramble leaves can he have a day?
    He had half a leaf Sunday and Monday night, is it ok to increase it tonight?
    Yes, Brambles are usually well-tolerated by rabbits and I assume he had no ill effects after the half a leaf. If he was OK, then I would give 5 or 6 and then increase it to a handful or so. Mine will eat a large bucketful between the 3 of them

Is Brandi the rabbit who is at the vets at the moment?

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Yes, Brambles are usually well-tolerated by rabbits and I assume he had no ill effects after the half a leaf. If he was OK, then I would give 5 or 6 and then increase it to a handful or so. Mine will eat a large bucketful between the 3 of them

Is Brandi the rabbit who is at the vets at the moment?
    Bailey, his brother, is in the vets at the moment, I'm looking for things to keep Brandi busy

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymad21 View Post
    Bailey, his brother, is in the vets at the moment, I'm looking for things to keep Brandi busy
    OK, sorry Brambles are very good for rabbits' tums I hope Bailey is soon allowed home to keep him company.

Warren Scout

OK, sorry Brambles are very good for rabbits' tums I hope Bailey is soon allowed home to keep him company.
    Hopefully Bailey will have his dental tomorrow and fingers crossed that's what's wrong with him and it helps improve things

Warren Veteran

I hope his dental goes well and he starts to feel better afterwards.

Warren Scout

I hope his dental goes well and he starts to feel better afterwards.
    Thank you

Warren Scout

This probably makes me sound totally blonde and stupid..... what do you mean by brambles?? Do you have a picture?? I never know what they can eat out of the garden!!

Mama Doe

My buns love brambles (black berries). In the autumn I love watching then carefully pick the blackberries off the stalks. It's amazing how they don't seem to catch themselves on the prickles. Mine have decimated a huge blackberry plant in a pot. It's just a bare stick now.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffybunny54 View Post
    My buns love brambles (black berries). In the autumn I love watching then carefully pick the blackberries off the stalks. It's amazing how they don't seem to catch themselves on the prickles. Mine have decimated a huge blackberry plant in a pot. It's just a bare stick now.
    We've a HUGE bush near where I work, away from lots of traffic or dogs!