• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much?

Ponymad21

Warren Scout
I'm gradually getting Brandi used to fresh forage, he's always had grass and veg but I've started giving brambles and dandelions.
How many bramble leaves can he have a day?
He had half a leaf Sunday and Monday night, is it ok to increase it tonight?

I'm gradually getting Brandi used to fresh forage, he's always had grass and veg but I've started giving brambles and dandelions.
How many bramble leaves can he have a day?
He had half a leaf Sunday and Monday night, is it ok to increase it tonight?

Yes, Brambles are usually well-tolerated by rabbits and I assume he had no ill effects after the half a leaf. If he was OK, then I would give 5 or 6 and then increase it to a handful or so. Mine will eat a large bucketful between the 3 of them :)

Is Brandi the rabbit who is at the vets at the moment?

Yes, Brambles are usually well-tolerated by rabbits and I assume he had no ill effects after the half a leaf. If he was OK, then I would give 5 or 6 and then increase it to a handful or so. Mine will eat a large bucketful between the 3 of them :)

Is Brandi the rabbit who is at the vets at the moment?

Bailey, his brother, is in the vets at the moment, I'm looking for things to keep Brandi busy

OK, sorry :) Brambles are very good for rabbits' tums :) I hope Bailey is soon allowed home to keep him company.
Hopefully Bailey will have his dental tomorrow and fingers crossed that's what's wrong with him and it helps improve things

This probably makes me sound totally blonde and stupid..... what do you mean by brambles?? Do you have a picture?? I never know what they can eat out of the garden!!

My buns love brambles (black berries). In the autumn I love watching then carefully pick the blackberries off the stalks. It's amazing how they don't seem to catch themselves on the prickles. Mine have decimated a huge blackberry plant in a pot. It's just a bare stick now.

My buns love brambles (black berries). In the autumn I love watching then carefully pick the blackberries off the stalks. It's amazing how they don't seem to catch themselves on the prickles. Mine have decimated a huge blackberry plant in a pot. It's just a bare stick now.

We've a HUGE bush near where I work, away from lots of traffic or dogs!

Back