• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed to find my lonely bunny and lady friend :)

Zarora

New Kit
Hello, Could anyone help me please. We had two lovely rescued bunnies who were brothers but sadly lost one 5 months ago. For a while now I have been trying to find a suitable older lady for our remaining gentleman (Brewster, age 6) but my search is proving difficult. I thought there would be any amount of older ladies looking for a husbun and maybe there are but I'm obviously looking in the wrong places. We live in Hemel Hempstead, Herts. Does anyone know if there is a place I can put in a 'wanted' ad? I have been monitoring not only Rabbit Rehome but also the local rescue centres. Thank you, Janice

:wave:

Hello, Could anyone help me please. We had two lovely rescued bunnies who were brothers but sadly lost one 5 months ago. For a while now I have been trying to find a suitable older lady for our remaining gentleman (Brewster, age 6) but my search is proving difficult. I thought there would be any amount of older ladies looking for a husbun and maybe there are but I'm obviously looking in the wrong places. We live in Hemel Hempstead, Herts. Does anyone know if there is a place I can put in a 'wanted' ad? I have been monitoring not only Rabbit Rehome but also the local rescue centres. Thank you, Janice

:wave:

Welcome to the Forum Janice :wave:

I think we should keep bumping up your thread until someone comes up with a doe in your area :D

Have a word with RU member 'catxx' on here. She runs a blog trying to find homes for older bunnies and is connected with The Rabbit Residence near Royston. Her blog is here http://oabunnies.blogspot.co.uk.

But don't give up hope. Many RU members decide that their current pair of bunnies will be their last and when left with just one, find them a new husbun or wifeybun with caring RU members. Only recently, I rehomed 7 year old Imogen for that very reason as being alone was simply not an option. So they are out there if you keep looking. Otherwise, if you intend on keeping bunnies for many more years, I wouldn't worry too much about age. The character and energy of a bunny is more important in matching up pairs. Go along to your local rescues and see if you can find a calm and loving younger bunny for your lonely one. Best of luck and DO show us pictures when you find the one!!!

Last edited:
Back