• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit running around frantically

Monty's Human

Alpha Buck
This is perhaps a slightly fatuous question, but I'm really trying to get to know and understand Monty, so I hope someone doesn't mind answering! It took several months, but Monty recently started to leave the living room and explore other parts of the flat (which is a bit of a nightmare safety wise, but that's another story!) He particularly likes under the bed, and has moved around all of the storage boxes to make himself a serviceable network of tunnels to hide in, but for most of the morning he'll spend time with me in the study while I work. I think we've just about reached agreement on good etiquette, but there's one thing he does that still puzzles me. Occasionally - a couple of times a day, usually, before he retires to his under-the-bed warren - he'll go haring off down the hallway, sprint back up, then come into the confined space under the desk and run in increasingly fast circles around my legs. I'm slightly concerned he'll catch himself in some of the wires under there, or do himself some damage on the desk chair, although he seems to know what he's doing. He'll dance around us when he's let out in the mornings, and when my partner comes home from work, which we take to be a bit of a 'hello, nice to see you', but when I lean over the desk chair to stroke him he runs away again. Is he demanding attention and I'm just not providing it correctly? Or is he burning off high spirits and I should let him have his head for a couple of minutes? Or something else entirely? Thank you in advance to anyone who might know! :D

This is perhaps a slightly fatuous question, but I'm really trying to get to know and understand Monty, so I hope someone doesn't mind answering! It took several months, but Monty recently started to leave the living room and explore other parts of the flat (which is a bit of a nightmare safety wise, but that's another story!) He particularly likes under the bed, and has moved around all of the storage boxes to make himself a serviceable network of tunnels to hide in, but for most of the morning he'll spend time with me in the study while I work. I think we've just about reached agreement on good etiquette, but there's one thing he does that still puzzles me. Occasionally - a couple of times a day, usually, before he retires to his under-the-bed warren - he'll go haring off down the hallway, sprint back up, then come into the confined space under the desk and run in increasingly fast circles around my legs. I'm slightly concerned he'll catch himself in some of the wires under there, or do himself some damage on the desk chair, although he seems to know what he's doing. He'll dance around us when he's let out in the mornings, and when my partner comes home from work, which we take to be a bit of a 'hello, nice to see you', but when I lean over the desk chair to stroke him he runs away again. Is he demanding attention and I'm just not providing it correctly? Or is he burning off high spirits and I should let him have his head for a couple of minutes? Or something else entirely? Thank you in advance to anyone who might know! :D

Yes, sounds like he's having a lot of fun :D

Thanks all! Exactly like that - only not quite as speedy :D I'm glad he's just enjoying himself; I still quite frequently misunderstand what he's trying to tell me (I have no idea what digging my legs is supposed to entail...) so I was worried I was missing some vital piece of Bunny-speak.

Back