Thread: Lonely bunny

Warren Scout

Default Lonely bunny

One of my buns is quite sick in the vets, his brother looks lonely, he's not a very affectionate bunny with people but I'm going to sit with him, is there anything else I can do to help him?

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Ponymad21 View Post
    One of my buns is quite sick in the vets, his brother looks lonely, he's not a very affectionate bunny with people but I'm going to sit with him, is there anything else I can do to help him?
    Would your vets allow your other bunny to stay with his brother? Many vets encourage bunnies to be kept in pairs as it can reduce stress for both of them if they're together - provided it's practical, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by HannahB View Post
    Would your vets allow your other bunny to stay with his brother? Many vets encourage bunnies to be kept in pairs as it can reduce stress for both of them if they're together - provided it's practical, of course.
    this is true, I take mine all to the vets. However when food input & poo output needs to be closely monitored my vets will separate so it may be your vet would prefer to just have sick bunny there. You could call them & ask.

Being there by just sitting is good & any thing to keep him distracted. I'm sure he'll be ok x

Warren Scout

His food and poo needs to very closely monitored, I took him this morning thinking he would need to be pts, so he's a very poorly bunny

I'm sitting out with bunny and the dog is too!

Young Bun

His food and poo needs to very closely monitored, I took him this morning thinking he would need to be pts, so he's a very poorly bunny

I'm sitting out with bunny and the dog is too!
    I'm so sorry that your bunny is so poorly. You're obviously a very dedicated bunny parent! Only us bunny nutters would do half the things we get up to.

I know some people advocate using a cuddly toy that's the same size/ shape as the 'missing' bunny - ideally that smells like their friend - for the lonely bun to cuddle up to. We tried this before but my boy had zero interest in it and just hopped off. Maybe worth a try although I'm sure your bun is really appreciating yours (and the dog's!) company.

Good luck, I hope your poorly one pulls through x

Warren Scout

I've given him some more hides and toys, he wouldn't use the hide until i put more holes in it

Warren Scout

I need ideas for more toys, his brother passed away under anaesthetic

I need ideas for more toys, his brother passed away under anaesthetic
    I'm so sorry, sending noserubs to your lonely rabbit. How about a treat ball, you can put his pellet ration in there and it might keep him occupied a bit. Different forage, edible branches such as Apple and pear, so long as it's not been sprayed with anything, and introduce new foods slowly. Tunnels, things to jump on go down well with my bunny.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I'm so sorry, sending noserubs to your lonely rabbit. How about a treat ball, you can put his pellet ration in there and it might keep him occupied a bit. Different forage, edible branches such as Apple and pear, so long as it's not been sprayed with anything, and introduce new foods slowly. Tunnels, things to jump on go down well with my bunny.
    He's got lots of tunnels! And loves them!