Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A food problem

  1. #1
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Gloucestershire
    Posts
    320

    Default A food problem

    All of my bunnies are fed the science selective pellets. When I got my giant the breeder has always fed her rabbits on rabbit royale so I bought that and decided to feed it for a week to allow him to settle and then start mixing in the science selective pellets and gradually increase the science selective and decrease the rabbit royale.. trouble is ive been mixing for a few days now and he literally scoops out all the science selective and leaves it! Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    7,896

    Default

    How old is he & what else does he eat

  3. #3
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Gloucestershire
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    How old is he & what else does he eat
    He is approx. 13 weeks, he has hay and a small amount of leafy green veg, some broccoli and the occasional bit of either pepper or as a treat a piece of carrot.

  4. #4
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    9,753

    Default

    I'd persevere. It might take longer than you'd anticipated but I think eventually it will work. I wouldn't give him more of the Rabbit Royale to compensate. How much percentage-wise of each are you feeding? Perhaps he's finding he's had enough with the amount of Rabbit Royale.

  5. #5
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    7,896

    Default

    If he were older I'd say keep reducing & he'll get in to his pellets eventually, even if it isn't til there is no RR on offer. I'm hesitant though as I don't know anything about growing young buns & their nutritional need. Sorry, that was a completely useless reply

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niklovesrats View Post
    All of my bunnies are fed the science selective pellets. When I got my giant the breeder has always fed her rabbits on rabbit royale so I bought that and decided to feed it for a week to allow him to settle and then start mixing in the science selective pellets and gradually increase the science selective and decrease the rabbit royale.. trouble is ive been mixing for a few days now and he literally scoops out all the science selective and leaves it! Any suggestions?
    Keep doing what you're doing - it will work in the end. I wouldn't want to keep him on a muesli mix. I know some people swear by it, but I am not one of them

    Are you OK? xx

  7. #7
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Gloucestershire
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Keep doing what you're doing - it will work in the end. I wouldn't want to keep him on a muesli mix. I know some people swear by it, but I am not one of them

    Are you OK? xx
    Hi, Thanks that has given me some hope that if I carry on he might accept it! I have to go out of my way to buy the RR as well, its not stocked anywhere local to me! It so much easier to feed them all the same too! Im not too bad (thanks for asking)

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niklovesrats View Post
    Hi, Thanks that has given me some hope that if I carry on he might accept it! I have to go out of my way to buy the RR as well, its not stocked anywhere local to me! It so much easier to feed them all the same too! Im not too bad (thanks for asking)

    Yes I usually try and get them all onto the same diet. Much simpler. And picking out of a muesli mix isn't usually a good thing, though there have been instances where it's been recommended by vets.

  9. #9
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    South Gloucestershire
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Is natures touch anything similar to rabbit royale?? Having a nightmare getting hold of it, its not stocked anywhere local to me and with my schedule this week im going to struggle to get there, pets at home don't stock it but they do have natures touch which looks very similar, would mixing what ive got left with that be ok until I can get him to accept the science pellets?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •