• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A food problem

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
All of my bunnies are fed the science selective pellets. When I got my giant the breeder has always fed her rabbits on rabbit royale so I bought that and decided to feed it for a week to allow him to settle and then start mixing in the science selective pellets and gradually increase the science selective and decrease the rabbit royale.. trouble is ive been mixing for a few days now and he literally scoops out all the science selective and leaves it! Any suggestions?

I'd persevere. It might take longer than you'd anticipated but I think eventually it will work. I wouldn't give him more of the Rabbit Royale to compensate. How much percentage-wise of each are you feeding? Perhaps he's finding he's had enough with the amount of Rabbit Royale.

If he were older I'd say keep reducing & he'll get in to his pellets eventually, even if it isn't til there is no RR on offer. I'm hesitant though as I don't know anything about growing young buns & their nutritional need. Sorry, that was a completely useless reply

All of my bunnies are fed the science selective pellets. When I got my giant the breeder has always fed her rabbits on rabbit royale so I bought that and decided to feed it for a week to allow him to settle and then start mixing in the science selective pellets and gradually increase the science selective and decrease the rabbit royale.. trouble is ive been mixing for a few days now and he literally scoops out all the science selective and leaves it! Any suggestions?

Keep doing what you're doing - it will work in the end. I wouldn't want to keep him on a muesli mix. I know some people swear by it, but I am not one of them :lol:

Are you OK? xx

Keep doing what you're doing - it will work in the end. I wouldn't want to keep him on a muesli mix. I know some people swear by it, but I am not one of them :lol:

Are you OK? xx

Hi, Thanks that has given me some hope that if I carry on he might accept it! I have to go out of my way to buy the RR as well, its not stocked anywhere local to me! It so much easier to feed them all the same too! Im not too bad (thanks for asking)

Hi, Thanks that has given me some hope that if I carry on he might accept it! I have to go out of my way to buy the RR as well, its not stocked anywhere local to me! It so much easier to feed them all the same too! Im not too bad (thanks for asking)

Yes I usually try and get them all onto the same diet. Much simpler. And picking out of a muesli mix isn't usually a good thing, though there have been instances where it's been recommended by vets.

Is natures touch anything similar to rabbit royale?? Having a nightmare getting hold of it, its not stocked anywhere local to me and with my schedule this week im going to struggle to get there, pets at home don't stock it but they do have natures touch which looks very similar, would mixing what ive got left with that be ok until I can get him to accept the science pellets?

Back