• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abscess Surgery - Keeping Bond Intact

ShirleyGirl

Young Bun
Unfortunately, Leroy's leg abscess has returned. It is smaller and has not burst - he is back on abx. We have made the decision to have it surgically removed. I spoke to the tech about his newly bonded mate and possibly bringing her along, but it was requested that I not do that.

So, is there a way to minimize the possibility of breaking a rather newly formed bond? He will go in early tomorrow morning and should be back home later in the day.

Thanks!

Sorry this got missed, I hope that the surgery went well and that they went back together ok?

They are happy together. I put them both in a cage for the ride up/back to the vet. She did not go in the office with him, but waited in the cage till he came back out. No problems.

The vet said she got as much of the infection as she could but recurrence remains possible. He's still on an antibiotic. There's nothing more to be done.

They are happy together. I put them both in a cage for the ride up/back to the vet. She did not go in the office with him, but waited in the cage till he came back out. No problems.

The vet said she got as much of the infection as she could but recurrence remains possible. He's still on an antibiotic. There's nothing more to be done.

That's good to hear that they went back together ok :thumb: I really hope the abscess doesn't come back xx

It is open again in the place where the vet cleaned out and stitched up. He seems happy enough but we can't go on like this.

Back