• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dried Beetroot

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
I put a bag of dried beetroot on my latest hay experts order and tried Sy on a few pieces just now. I want to find some healthier treat alternatives for him. He seems to like it! Any issues with Beetroot that I should know about?
Xx

I put a bag of dried beetroot on my latest hay experts order and tried Sy on a few pieces just now. I want to find some healthier treat alternatives for him. He seems to like it! Any issues with Beetroot that I should know about?
Xx

I've never tried Beetroot on my rabbits, as we don't eat it ourselves. I'm sure it's OK to feed though. It's probably similar to Carrot in that it's quite high in sugar, but if it's a treat he won't be getting too much :)

We just need something to distract him when we are feeding the hamster and gerbils. He goes mad thinking that he's missing out on something! Bless him. He seems happy with the beetroot so far though so fingers crossed :)

We just need something to distract him when we are feeding the hamster and gerbils. He goes mad thinking that he's missing out on something! Bless him. He seems happy with the beetroot so far though so fingers crossed :)

Beetroot is fine for rabbits - I often feed the leaves when I eat the beets.

It can colour the urine in rabbits, as in humans. It's quite nutritious :D

The girls go mad for this stuff too :)

It's okay as a treat, they get a small pinch a day.
Could change the urine colour although hasn't for the girls.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back