Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oliver hiding away again :(

Quote Originally Posted by nickybunny1 View Post
    Oliver was Thuming his foot for about 4 hours on an off last night. Che ked on him at 5am and tried to settle him but he was agitated. Does thumping ever mean pain?

No, in my experience thumping doesn't usually mean pain. It's because he senses danger, or is anxious about something. In some circumstances rabbits do this in response to their owner's anxiety.

Hope he's settling down again now

He was very agitated last night though, never seen him so unsettled but to be fair i have been stalking him a bit and crying too because I was sad for him so maybe that hasn't helped and he has picked up on it. Well hubby sent me a pic of him lying with legs out the back and I didn't give any pain meds this morning as he was brighter and nibbling. Maye it's the tramadol messing with he wee mind? I have read of some people where it really freaked thme out. I couldnt take it and it made me feel very weird. Hoping for a more relaxed Oliver this evening.
    Last edited by nickybunny1; 08-05-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

He was very agitated last night though, never seen him so unsettled but to be fair i have been stalking him a bit and crying too because I was sad for him so maybe that hasn't helped and he has picked up on it. Well hubby sent me a pic of him lying with legs out the back and I didn't give any pain meds this morning as he was brighter and nibbling. Maye it's the tramadol messing with he wee mind? I have read of some people where it really freaked thme out. I couldnt take it and it made me feel very weird. Hoping for a more relaxed Oliver this evening.

I think you may have a point with the Tramadol

I have noticed some rabbits do react differently to it, as it works as an opioid pain reliever. Opioids have in some cases been linked to mood and anxiety related symptoms.

I can't take Tramadol either!

How's he doing Nicky? x

Hi Max, well he is brighter and wasn't hiding as much yesterday and definitely wasn't edgey like the previous night. But still a bit of teeth grinding. I only got the dosage this morning from my vet for the ranitadine so will be giving that this evening. HOWEVER I did notice a little wet patch under his chin and we know that could mean teeth . But he was drinking out of a new water bowl (he has 3 around the house ) and I checked this morning and the patch was smaller so I want to watch for a few days to see if it's still there. But the signs r pointing to teeth I think. Thanks for asking after him x
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

Hi Max, well he is brighter and wasn't hiding as much yesterday and definitely wasn't edgey like the previous night. But still a bit of teeth grinding. I only got the dosage this morning from my vet for the ranitadine so will be giving that this evening. HOWEVER I did notice a little wet patch under his chin and we know that could mean teeth . But he was drinking out of a new water bowl (he has 3 around the house ) and I checked this morning and the patch was smaller so I want to watch for a few days to see if it's still there. But the signs r pointing to teeth I think. Thanks for asking after him x
    bunnies & their teeth & ears I'm glad to hear he is coping better - I hope it gets resolved for you both soon

I'm glad he's a bit brighter

Yeah I remember thinking it was his mouth at the start of the thread, but he only had them checked a week ago. I hope it isn't that. You spend a lifetime (and a fortune) at the vet!

Still sending vibes for Oliver, little love

Thanks Joey and Max. Yes my bunnies have been very unlucky. But lucky they have us to bankrupt ourselves for them ! I really hope it's the uti taking its time to resolve but I am speaking to my vet later to see how long to wait before further investigation, and yes Joey hope we can find out the problem soon. Thanks for vibes for the Bead x

I was thinking of the Bead just now.

So I had to ask how he is?

Hi Max he is alot brighter this morning and not hiding under the sofa but he didnt eat as much of his greens or pellets overnight as I would like, or much of the hawthorn. I "think" he is grinding his teeth a little less, but . He ate his soaked porride oats this morning and a fenugreek crunching. I know from before with Rosie and Oliver when last on baytril I think it affected their appetite a bit. I am just keeping a very close eye. I spoke to the vet on Tuesday and she would like to give the Baytril 7 -10 more days to see if his teeth grinding / behaviour improvessels before risking xray which I guess is fair enough. He is improving a little more. But I hope he improves alot more. Bead says thanks for asking after him and hopes you are having lively weather like we r here still