• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Facial aesthetics

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
So i got my eyebrow tattoos topped up today and I was talking to my semi permanent make up artist about facial aesthetics and we were wondering.... a lot of people i know and most people she knows have some form of facial aesthetics be it tattooed brows or eyeliner or lip liner or botox but is it an age thing or a regional thing?

I live in Wirral and out of my group of friends, i am the only one who has anything tattooed onto my face though others remark that they want it however when i lived in Liverpool, most girls i hung out with had semi permanent make up and / or botox.

Does anyone else on here have any facial aesthetics and if so, do you know anyone else who does?

And yes, before people jump on the bandwagon, i know it's vanity and not everyone agrees with it etc etc. Let's not fall out I'm just curious xx

Ooo, I'm actually very interested in this topic because during my chemotherapy I lost what was left of my eyebrows and I've wanted to have them tattooed in for a long time now since my eyesight is not what it once was and I've had to resort some mornings to using a Sharpie to put them back on. :roll:

Would you be willing to post a photo of your brows? And did it hurt much? I think that and the fear that the person doing the tatt will slip or something and I'll wind up with Spock eyebrows is the only thing I'd really worry about having it done!

Ooo, I'm actually very interested in this topic because during my chemotherapy I lost what was left of my eyebrows and I've wanted to have them tattooed in for a long time now since my eyesight is not what it once was and I've had to resort some mornings to using a Sharpie to put them back on. :roll:

Would you be willing to post a photo of your brows? And did it hurt much? I think that and the fear that the person doing the tatt will slip or something and I'll wind up with Spock eyebrows is the only thing I'd really worry about having it done!

The girl that i go to is very good. She's a complete perfectionist. She will draw them first so you can see what they will look like.

Nic corrects brows that have been badly done by others and she does facial aesthetics for people who have lost them through chemo as well.

Here are the brows last night. Sorry for the filter, i had no makeup on ha.

It doesn't hurt and I'm the world's biggest wimp!

30a55a4515ffeae41e7182a7e4e8dcd5.jpg

Your eyebrows look really good. I wonder if it is an age thing. I am in my 50s and no one that I know has any kind of facial aesthetic.

There are some you tube videos of people drawing their eyebrows on and most of them look totally ott and un natural.

Your eyebrows look really good. I wonder if it is an age thing. I am in my 50s and no one that I know has any kind of facial aesthetic.

There are some you tube videos of people drawing their eyebrows on and most of them look totally ott and un natural.

See at first I thought it was an age thing however I remember being in London once just afterwards having my eyebrows done and people that i was speaking to (around my age) were marvelling that anyone had tattooed eyebrows so that makes me think it's a regional thing.

I do wish some people who draw their brows on wouldn't. Some really do look awful!

I'm 23 and neither me or anyone I know has anything like that done. I'm originally from the London area, now in the Cambridge area.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Not tattooed, but I have mine tinted and then waxed into shape, and also have my eyelashes tinted. My brows and lashes are really quite fair so I feel better with them done :thumb:

I don't know anyone who has their eyebrows tattooed but it is something i would consider if I knew they would turn out ok! My eyebrows have got really thin as I've got older, I don't even have to have them waxed very often these days as they just don't grow much. When I am going out I do have to 'draw' them on - I use an eyebrow kit to fill them in though rather than actually draw big brows. I agree that a lot of drawn on ones look quite OTT. I know a few people who have had Botox and they tend to be younger rather than my age (early 40's), not really something I'd do I don't think.

I don't know anyone who has their eyebrows tattooed but it is something i would consider if I knew they would turn out ok! My eyebrows have got really thin as I've got older, I don't even have to have them waxed very often these days as they just don't grow much. When I am going out I do have to 'draw' them on - I use an eyebrow kit to fill them in though rather than actually draw big brows. I agree that a lot of drawn on ones look quite OTT. I know a few people who have had Botox and they tend to be younger rather than my age (early 40's), not really something I'd do I don't think.

A lot of people i know have botox. I'm 31. I've had botox since i was 26.

Maybe it's neither a regional or age thing. Maybe it's just a who you hang round with kinda thing.

I have botox on my forehead and shoulderblades. But not for vanity, for chronic migraine. Needles don't bother me in the slightest but some of the 30+ injections can be very painful. I don't get why people would do it for vanity. I wouldn't if it didn't give me a modicum of pain relief for 6-8 weeks.

eta - though of course it is a personal choice. I'm just not that way inclined to think it's worth it for the sake of looks for me. Always makes me roll my eyes when someone says my treatment has the added bonus of combatting ageing.

Last edited:
Back