Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortage of Nobivac combi vaccine ?

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Alas there's not a chance in the world of there being a combined vaccine including RHD2 by June! June 2020 maybe! It would be interesting to know what your vet has been able to import, I thought the large vials coming in were still nobivac, but in a 50-dose vial - that's all the vet medicine directorate has listed on their top ten items for import list so it would be unusual for them to have something else. Do you have a vaccine card with it written on?
    You're right T'was Nobivac from France

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    My local vet is ordering in 50 dose vials from France too. I was surprised she had to import it but that's definitely what she said. I think she hoped al my bunnies would be due so it would make a good dent in the 50 doses, she's only got 9 bunnies lined up so far.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

My vets too are doing rabbit clinics for vaccs. Those of mine due are going to the next one on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Yes it's been out of stock to re-order for a few months now. Some practices still have stock of the single vials if they had just received a large order before it went out of stock; others ran out ages ago and are now just using the big bottles. The bottles have to be used within 4 hours hence some vets are trying to run clinics to get as many bunnies vaccinated in one go as possible. Hopefully not many more weeks before it's back as normal.
    This is what my vets did and Will and Nancy had their vaccinations last week.

Fortunately my vets have plenty of Filavac in stock as they are due for their RVHD2 boosters in July.

Thank You Jack's-Jane for my lovely new signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post

I rang a couple of vets, and they seem to be importing it from France too.

I needed just a couple of doses, and I have managed to find (and at a very good price) two of the old stock in a fridge at a vet not too far away, so I will be winging my over with two of the buns. For some reason I prefer to use the vaccine I know about (and know my rabbits' reactions to it) than one they haven't had before.