Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Shortage of Nobivac combi vaccine ?

  1. #1
    Warren Scout
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    129

    Default Shortage of Nobivac combi vaccine ?

    Bugsy and Tallulah went for their RHD2 vaccinations today :-)

    We had to go to a different vet from normal, a 25 minute drive away but who actually have an exotics vet, as our normal vet doesn't stock it and has said there has been no demand. Having been asking for it for the last six months I'm sad to have to go elsewhere as they were brilliant when Tallulah was so ill last year.

    The new vet checked their history and the date of their annual Nobivac combi vaccine. Having established its due again at the end of June, she said she was glad there was a few weeks to go as there was currently a production issue and they had no stock but should be resolved by the end of June.

    Has anyone else heard this? My existing vet didn't say anything when I checked their booster date either

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryG View Post
    Bugsy and Tallulah went for their RHD2 vaccinations today :-)

    We had to go to a different vet from normal, a 25 minute drive away but who actually have an exotics vet, as our normal vet doesn't stock it and has said there has been no demand. Having been asking for it for the last six months I'm sad to have to go elsewhere as they were brilliant when Tallulah was so ill last year.

    The new vet checked their history and the date of their annual Nobivac combi vaccine. Having established its due again at the end of June, she said she was glad there was a few weeks to go as there was currently a production issue and they had no stock but should be resolved by the end of June.

    Has anyone else heard this? My existing vet didn't say anything when I checked their booster date either
    Yes, my vets are having to order large vials and only do vaccines one day a month, they're having a "rabbit afternoon" where it's only rabbits and they get the vaccine, a health check and a goody bag

  3. #3
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    6,763

    Default

    I've heard about it though my 3 had their Novibac at our usual vet today

  4. #4
    Warren Scout Shayne_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Thornton cleveleys, uk
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I've heard about it from a foster for RSPCA.. Having difficulties getting hold of it!

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper Santa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The grotto
    Posts
    13,104

    Default

    Yes it's been out of stock to re-order for a few months now. Some practices still have stock of the single vials if they had just received a large order before it went out of stock; others ran out ages ago and are now just using the big bottles. The bottles have to be used within 4 hours hence some vets are trying to run clinics to get as many bunnies vaccinated in one go as possible. Hopefully not many more weeks before it's back as normal.
    Looking for RHD2 vaccine or want more info? Join our Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/
    or view the 'vets with vaccines' map: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk
    Here's my RHD2 and myxomatosis blog:https://rhd2diary.wordpress.com
    And here's a shameless plug for my wish list:http://amzn.eu/io8ng9f

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    26,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryG View Post
    Bugsy and Tallulah went for their RHD2 vaccinations today :-)

    We had to go to a different vet from normal, a 25 minute drive away but who actually have an exotics vet, as our normal vet doesn't stock it and has said there has been no demand. Having been asking for it for the last six months I'm sad to have to go elsewhere as they were brilliant when Tallulah was so ill last year.

    The new vet checked their history and the date of their annual Nobivac combi vaccine. Having established its due again at the end of June, she said she was glad there was a few weeks to go as there was currently a production issue and they had no stock but should be resolved by the end of June.

    Has anyone else heard this? My existing vet didn't say anything when I checked their booster date either

    My vet assures me (several times) that she has plenty.

    In fact two of mine are going along very shortly to have theirs - no problem

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Yes it's been out of stock to re-order for a few months now. Some practices still have stock of the single vials if they had just received a large order before it went out of stock; others ran out ages ago and are now just using the big bottles. The bottles have to be used within 4 hours hence some vets are trying to run clinics to get as many bunnies vaccinated in one go as possible. Hopefully not many more weeks before it's back as normal.
    This is what my vets are doing

  8. #8
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,850

    Default

    All three of mine have been vaccinated this afternoon, but not with Nobivac. My vet had run out and so had also got large vials (from France). It wasn't Nobivac, so I'm hoping it's OK, although I do trust my vet. Also one of the younger vets at the practice came in to collect the last dose for one of her rabbits, so she must be OK with it. My vet also said Nobivac wouldn't be back in stock until June. Her theory was that maybe they will then offer a vaccine to include cover for RHD2.

    Health checks went OK, except Tethra has to reduce his waistline He's been taking advantage of the fact that more food has needed to be provided to keep Tan's weight up. They won't eat apart I'm sure I will work something out. Little podge

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper Santa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The grotto
    Posts
    13,104

    Default

    Alas there's not a chance in the world of there being a combined vaccine including RHD2 by June! June 2020 maybe! It would be interesting to know what your vet has been able to import, I thought the large vials coming in were still nobivac, but in a 50-dose vial - that's all the vet medicine directorate has listed on their top ten items for import list so it would be unusual for them to have something else. Do you have a vaccine card with it written on?
    Looking for RHD2 vaccine or want more info? Join our Facebook group:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/
    or view the 'vets with vaccines' map: http://rhd2map.ajltech.co.uk
    Here's my RHD2 and myxomatosis blog:https://rhd2diary.wordpress.com
    And here's a shameless plug for my wish list:http://amzn.eu/io8ng9f

  10. #10
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Alas there's not a chance in the world of there being a combined vaccine including RHD2 by June! June 2020 maybe! It would be interesting to know what your vet has been able to import, I thought the large vials coming in were still nobivac, but in a 50-dose vial - that's all the vet medicine directorate has listed on their top ten items for import list so it would be unusual for them to have something else. Do you have a vaccine card with it written on?
    No , for the first time ever I forgot to take them with me. I will find out though. It may well be that I misunderstood her and it is indeed Novibac, but from France.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •