• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gemini stasis dental bunny update 10/11 after dental

Gemini was doing well for several days as I slowly reduced his motility drugs and his syringe feedings. Then on Thursday he was eating less again so I restarted his Cisapride (he was still on Metacloprimide, Medicam, and Abx) and restarted syringe feedings (I was still giving fluids). He is back to nibbling his dandelion greens now that I found him organic ones again (non organic were different variety and he did not eat them) and he is eating Heidi's carrot tops. He is such a good bunny with taking his meds, Critical Care, and fluids. I need to give him some cuddles that do not involve medical care so he knows he is very much loved.

Thank you all for your concern and positive vibes.

Gemini was doing well for several days as I slowly reduced his motility drugs and his syringe feedings. Then on Thursday he was eating less again so I restarted his Cisapride (he was still on Metacloprimide, Medicam, and Abx) and restarted syringe feedings (I was still giving fluids). He is back to nibbling his dandelion greens now that I found him organic ones again (non organic were different variety and he did not eat them) and he is eating Heidi's carrot tops. He is such a good bunny with taking his meds, Critical Care, and fluids. I need to give him some cuddles that do not involve medical care so he knows he is very much loved.

I am sorry that he had a bit of a 'blip' last week. But it sounds as though he has responded to the Cisapride . I hope he will continue on an upward tren again now xx

Sending loads more vibes for Gemini :love:

I am sorry that he had a bit of a 'blip' last week. But it sounds as though he has responded to the Cisapride . I hope he will continue on an upward tren again now xx

Every time I think he will get back to normal, he has another blip. He seems to be dehydrating quickly in spite of my giving him quite a few fluids for a bunny of his size. He absorbs them well and pees them out.
He is such a good patient, he accepts all his care without fuss. This morning he was having another downturn. I know something was helping, so I can only follow the same protocol.
Thanks for the good thoughts.

Every time I think he will get back to normal, he has another blip. He seems to be dehydrating quickly in spite of my giving him quite a few fluids for a bunny of his size. He absorbs them well and pees them out.
He is such a good patient, he accepts all his care without fuss. This morning he was having another downturn. I know something was helping, so I can only follow the same protocol.
Thanks for the good thoughts.

I will reply to your PM ASAP today xx

so sorry Gemini is still having 'bad days' - sending more vibes his way ..

Thank you for the vibes. They helped.

Yesterday was a scary day. He got some watery diarrhea and I was not sure if it was from the motility drugs or if it was the outcome of whatever was bothering him earlier in the day. I checked him every hour or two during the night and only slept well after I saw a couple very small, hard balls.

Today he was not passing much until late this afternoon and evening. I was happy to see some poos that looked normal this evening. Now I am hoping he can continue until our vet visit next week to see why he has been dehydrating so quickly prior to his latest wrinkle.

Thank you for the vibes. They helped.

Yesterday was a scary day. He got some watery diarrhea and I was not sure if it was from the motility drugs or if it was the outcome of whatever was bothering him earlier in the day. I checked him every hour or two during the night and only slept well after I saw a couple very small, hard balls.

Today he was not passing much until late this afternoon and evening. I was happy to see some poos that looked normal this evening. Now I am hoping he can continue until our vet visit next week to see why he has been dehydrating so quickly prior to his latest wrinkle.

I hope that he will remain as stable as possible now. It sounds as though his GI tract has settled a little which is a huge relief. The issues we discussed via PM may have played a part, but they may be totally unrelated to the recent relapse. Let's hope that the Vet can establish what is going on for the little fella xx

I hope that he will remain as stable as possible now. It sounds as though his GI tract has settled a little which is a huge relief. The issues we discussed via PM may have played a part, but they may be totally unrelated to the recent relapse. Let's hope that the Vet can establish what is going on for the little fella xx

if he is stable enough iwant to have his mouth checked closely too.

he ismaking a few normal poo
s each day and then back to small hard poos.I have to give fluid and syringe feed twice a day.
He nibbles afew greens but not much more, and does not drink more than half an ounce.
He is off most meds and is looking better.
Vets tomorrow

he ismaking a few normal poo
s each day and then back to small hard poos.I have to give fluid and syringe feed twice a day.
He nibbles afew greens but not much more, and does not drink more than half an ounce.
He is off most meds and is looking better.
Vets tomorrow

I hope things will go as well as possible for Gemini's Vet visit xx

Dental scheduled for next week. His weight was same as both prior visits so that was good to know.His gut sounds are less than ideal so I will increase motility which I was slowly reducing.He swill also need medicam which he was off for a few days.
Iappreciate vibes

Dental scheduled for next week. His weight was same as both prior visits so that was good to know.His gut sounds are less than ideal so I will increase motility which I was slowly reducing.He swill also need medicam which he was off for a few days.
Iappreciate vibes

Maintaining his weight is good and hopefully he will remain well enough for his Dental treatment xx

Back