Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemini stasis dental bunny update 10/11 after dental

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Gemini is going through a huge moult, so I am removing a lot of loose fur before it can be ingested and am watching his input and output a few times a day. The pile of fur I removed in the past week is huge and there is more to come. I saw a couple small droppings, but he also is making a lot of nice ones still. Today I weighed him and he is maintaining his weight well so that is a plus. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed the he will remain stable.
    I am glad to hear that he is stable at the moment. He's lucky to have you to care for him

Gemini is going through a huge moult, so I am removing a lot of loose fur before it can be ingested and am watching his input and output a few times a day. The pile of fur I removed in the past week is huge and there is more to come. I saw a couple small droppings, but he also is making a lot of nice ones still. Today I weighed him and he is maintaining his weight well so that is a plus. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed the he will remain stable.

So glad to hear this update. Maintaining weight is sometimes an ongoing battle - he's lucky to have you fighting with him

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I am glad to hear that he is stable at the moment. He's lucky to have you to care for him
    Thanks Jane. He is eating his greens and some hay, but it looks like he may be eating only half of his normal amount of pellets. I plan on giving him a lot of extra greens to keep his guts hydrated and moving. I don't want to give motility drugs until he actually needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    So glad to hear this update. Maintaining weight is sometimes an ongoing battle - he's lucky to have you fighting with him
    I am glad I got the scale. It revealed my spouse was sneaking one of my other bunnies extra pellets. At least my spouse honored my request that Gemini not get anything I do not know about so I can tell how much of his greens/hay or pellets he is eating and if he is drinking enough for his guts to stay adequately hydrated.

I am glad I got the scale. It revealed my spouse was sneaking one of my other bunnies extra pellets. At least my spouse honored my request that Gemini not get anything I do not know about so I can tell how much of his greens/hay or pellets he is eating and if he is drinking enough for his guts to stay adequately hydrated.

You just can't get the staff these days!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    You just can't get the staff these days!
    They often create more work too

They often create more work too

Gemini was eating about a quarter less over the last couple days so I decided to give him a dose of motility drugs. He is stilling eating his hay and greens. I have more greens washed and ready to give him after he eats most of the latest batch. With his dental issues, he is a slow eater even with Medicam, so the greens get wilted if I give him too many at once.
    It does not look like he will finish this moult quickly; so I will have to be vigilant with his output/input for a while longer.

Warren Scout

Hope he's doing well on his carefully monitored intake .. they are a constant worry, stasis buns

He is moulting less and stable so I was able to stop motility edrugs and sub q fluids.
    He is eating what is normal for him. Tomorrow he will be weighed .