Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemini Stasis-3rd bunny in three weeks not eating and stasis

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    I am glad he's had his dental, but sorry to hear that there's so much dental disease in his mouth. I know how this feels, and it's quite despondent.

Hugs for you xx
    I need lots of numbing for even a filling ,so I know how Gemini must feel.
    I hope this was his primary issue .

Warren Scout

hoping post dental that Gemini feels a lot better and bounces back from this episode. sending recovery vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Griffski View Post
    hoping post dental that Gemini feels a lot better and bounces back from this episode. sending recovery vibes
    Thank you. He may need a head xray to check his teeth roots
    His dental was ten days ago.He os eating greens better,yet only minimal hay nibbles and no pellets.
    He is not dribbling critical care which he gets once a day to supplement his diet
    Today is his fourth birthday.I hope your bunnies are doing well

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    His dental was ten days ago.He os eating greens better,yet only minimal hay nibbles and no pellets.
    He is not dribbling critical care which he gets once a day to supplement his diet
    Bless him, Happy Birthday Gemini

Is he still on any meds now ?

Happy Birthday Gemini

Thank you for the good wishes for Gemini's birthday. He got a lot of extra carrot greens (he only eats the softest part, not the stems) in addition to plenty of his normal dandelion greens.
    This weekend I tapered him off the metoclopramide. He is still on Medicam, Fluids to supplement his drinking (he is drinking better after his dental, but not his normal amount), and some syringe feeding to supplement his diet to maintain his weight (and to give him extra fiber to keep his guts moving).
    I am sure he will approve of my going for an ice cream sundae to celebrate his birthday.

Warren Scout

happy belated birthday to gemini

Thank you for the good wishes for Gemini's birthday. He got a lot of extra carrot greens (he only eats the softest part, not the stems) in addition to plenty of his normal dandelion greens.
    This weekend I tapered him off the metoclopramide. He is still on Medicam, Fluids to supplement his drinking (he is drinking better after his dental, but not his normal amount), and some syringe feeding to supplement his diet to maintain his weight (and to give him extra fiber to keep his guts moving).
    I am sure he will approve of my going for an ice cream sundae to celebrate his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffski View Post
    happy belated birthday to gemini
    Thank you.
    I spoke to the vet and we decided to up his medicam to see if it causes him to eat more hay and pellets. The vet also wanted to get an update on his weight to make sure he it is stable even with my providing Gemini with supplemental syringe feedings.
    Yesterday I took him to the vets office for a quick weigh by the tech. The first weigh he was moving on the scale and a bit lighter than his last weigh two weeks earlier, so I asked the tech to do it again and each time we weighed him on the same scale he weighed a little bit less. At best he lost a couple ounces after his dental. I need to order the baby scale I planned to buy previously so I can monitor Gemini's weight weekly. It will also help me to control the weight of my girls who have good appetites and to monitor Dash and Evan who are only 1.5 lbs each as full grown Dwarfs in spite of eating more hay than bunnies two and three times their size.

How our your bunnies doing?

Thank you.
    I spoke to the vet and we decided to up his medicam to see if it causes him to eat more hay and pellets. The vet also wanted to get an update on his weight to make sure he it is stable even with my providing Gemini with supplemental syringe feedings.
    Yesterday I took him to the vets office for a quick weigh by the tech. The first weigh he was moving on the scale and a bit lighter than his last weigh two weeks earlier, so I asked the tech to do it again and each time we weighed him on the same scale he weighed a little bit less. At best he lost a couple ounces after his dental. I need to order the baby scale I planned to buy previously so I can monitor Gemini's weight weekly. It will also help me to control the weight of my girls who have good appetites and to monitor Dash and Evan who are only 1.5 lbs each as full grown Dwarfs in spite of eating more hay than bunnies two and three times their size.

How our your bunnies doing?
    I try to weigh my 4 once a week as I have always found doing so to be a useful tool in overall monitoring of health. Although I have been accused of being neurotic for doing it. I bought a relatively cheap set of digital baby scales from Ebay over 10 years ago and they are still serving us well. So money well spent I think.

Hopefully all of your Bunnies will remain as well as possible now. It can be so stressful to have ongoing worries about several of our Bunny friends x