• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat's ear?

I've got some cats ear weeds growing in the garden, are they safe for the buns to eat?

http://turfweeds.co.uk/weed-identification/cats-ear/

It's difficult to find much information online about this plant. However, there is a warning given for horses if they have it in excess. Personally I feel that so many people will mistake it for Dandelions and feed it, so that it would have been reported if it was a problem. However, if it were me, I would not actively feed it, but would not be too concerned if the rabbits were in the garden and ate a small quantity.

It's difficult to find much information online about this plant. However, there is a warning given for horses if they have it in excess. Personally I feel that so many people will mistake it for Dandelions and feed it, so that it would have been reported if it was a problem. However, if it were me, I would not actively feed it, but would not be too concerned if the rabbits were in the garden and ate a small quantity.

We have quite a few plants of it in the garden so I'm covering them with bricks

Back