• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Rabbits and Guinea Pigs be housed together?

Hi I am collecting data for a project I am under taking at college.
Data collected will just be over all numbers, no user names etc. will be passed on.
Please answer by picking one of the answers and answering with A, B, C, or D, thank you.

In your own opinion, based on either experience or own thoughts do you agree that rabbits and guinea pigs can be housed together?

A - Yes they can be housed together

B - No they should be housed separately, with their own species

C - Yes, I have/had housed them together and they were/are fine

D - No, I have housed them together and decided it is not ideal

Hi there, definitely B. Do take into account though that this forum is full of people who, on average, are a LOT more clued up on rabbit care than the general rabbit owning public. If your project aim is to say 'look how many rabbit owners still think keeping a rabbit and piggy together is okay' then this is going to give you a biased view x

B.

There are too many risks with them mixing; different dietary requirements, different appropriate housing, infection risks... the list goes on. It was considered the norm not too long ago though so there are lots of people who won't listen because they always kept them together and they were fine!

Hi there, definitely B. Do take into account though that this forum is full of people who, on average, are a LOT more clued up on rabbit care than the general rabbit owning public. If your project aim is to say 'look how many rabbit owners still think keeping a rabbit and piggy together is okay' then this is going to give you a biased view x

Thank you for your answer and suggestion! Yes I have asked in a variety of places including places like Facebook to make sure it isn't biased, thank you though :D
Also I'm glad to say most people have picked B, though there's still quite a few who think its ok...

I'd say b my grandma had a rabbit and a guinea pig live together when my mum was little and they were fine but I wouldn't risk it myself.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back