• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

refusing to eat? / update

I believe that daphnephoebe has used de-stressing things for bunnies - perhaps worth a pm her to her. She's lovely and I know she would help if at all possible :)

I think it's a good idea to decide what you want to do with your bunnies' bodies after they die. It's going to happen, and it can happen any time of course. A locket sounds like a lovely thought :love:

I am sorry snoopy isn't showing signs of improvement :(

I may ask her if things don't improve. i also need to keep in mind i need to save as much as my money as possible in case for snoopy so buying almost anything is off limits for the moment :( not until i know what's happening.

the whole idea would be quite expensive.. the cremation and getting them back. but i found a beautiful locket on etsy a few weeks back (was looking out of interest). you can have a tag with the first initial attached, and can have a gemstone in the color of your buns fur if you wish. the design was a bunny with wings. it did cost £30 or so, but id probably ask for something like that as a gift for birthday or christmas.

Sending vibes to you and Snoopy, I hope he picks up soon! :( xx

thank you!

---

he's looking a little better.. less miserable and more active this evening. maybe it will take a while for it all to kick in and get him back to normal? he got excited when i came in (first for a few days thats for sure) and knocked over his water bowl.. earlier the idiot jumped in it, and before that he had stood in it and then got rather angry at his wet paws :lol:

it took the vets all day to get us more meds as I thought I had more metacam than i did. called at 9am, by 6:30pm it still wasnt ready and had to wait until 7pm for it :roll: but i have more medication now, monday will be the future decider i suppose. maybe he will be on metacam and randitine all his life. i think i could go for that as it seems buying in bulk makes it less pricey. today it cost £12 for a piddly bottle of metacam, but i guess if i brought big it would be more money spent less often. but less than £125 every month lol.

I may ask her if things don't improve. i also need to keep in mind i need to save as much as my money as possible in case for snoopy so buying almost anything is off limits for the moment :( not until i know what's happening.

the whole idea would be quite expensive.. the cremation and getting them back. but i found a beautiful locket on etsy a few weeks back (was looking out of interest). you can have a tag with the first initial attached, and can have a gemstone in the color of your buns fur if you wish. the design was a bunny with wings. it did cost £30 or so, but id probably ask for something like that as a gift for birthday or christmas.

thank you!

---

he's looking a little better.. less miserable and more active this evening. maybe it will take a while for it all to kick in and get him back to normal? he got excited when i came in (first for a few days thats for sure) and knocked over his water bowl.. earlier the idiot jumped in it, and before that he had stood in it and then got rather angry at his wet paws :lol:

it took the vets all day to get us more meds as I thought I had more metacam than i did. called at 9am, by 6:30pm it still wasnt ready and had to wait until 7pm for it :roll: but i have more medication now, monday will be the future decider i suppose. maybe he will be on metacam and randitine all his life. i think i could go for that as it seems buying in bulk makes it less pricey. today it cost £12 for a piddly bottle of metacam, but i guess if i brought big it would be more money spent less often. but less than £125 every month lol.

Getting the vet to give you a prescription means that you can get the meds anywhere online, and use the cheapest store. Vets decide their own charges for prescriptions, but you can buy big bottles, and the prescriptions usually have a repeat on them, so you can buy another one a few months down the line.

Definitely a saving :D

ah okay! maybe i will look into that then :) sometimes im just sketchy about buying medication online lol. probably will need to find a decent place ^^"

Back