• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit is very angry for no reason

edward

Young Bun
Hello, just a couple of minutes ago as of writing this, my rabbit was incredibly angry, it started off with him running incredibly fast around the house and then he came downstairs, hid behind the couch and constantly started to thump his feet. I put him in his cage to calm down with some treats but before i could close the door he ran out knocking his bowl over.
What could this mean and why.
Im very worried as this never happened before.

My guesses:

Large spider somewhere upstairs.
Red Arrows flypast
Fox walking by at fifty paces where no-one can see him/her.
Neighbours teacup-sized dog barking. Or any dog. Size doesn't matter.

Hello, just a couple of minutes ago as of writing this, my rabbit was incredibly angry, it started off with him running incredibly fast around the house and then he came downstairs, hid behind the couch and constantly started to thump his feet. I put him in his cage to calm down with some treats but before i could close the door he ran out knocking his bowl over.
What could this mean and why.
Im very worried as this never happened before.

It sounds like something has spooked your rabbit. Rabbits stamp their feet when they perceive danger - real or otherwise

http://kb.rspca.org.au/What-does-it-mean-when-rabbits-thump-their-foot_39.html

How's he doing now? Has he settled?

Yes he's settled now, but after i let him out the cage about 1 hour after i put him in, he still was doing that. i have no idea what spooked him.

Just a thought........

Check for any chewed wires.. An electric shock could frighten a rabbit that much...

You can check whiskers... Could be singed, missing a couple perhaps

Just a thought........

Check for any chewed wires.. An electric shock could frighten a rabbit that much...

You can check whiskers... Could be singed, missing a couple perhaps

Sounds like a good place to start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back