• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby piggy - aged approx. 4 and 3/4

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
No need to respond, since I've had lots of lovely RU support already on my piggy thread. But I thought I should do a proper tribute to Ruby.

She came from Hazelcroft rescue, and was slightly older than Amber when I got her (by about three months). It's likely that she and Amber were related and Ruby could even have been the mum.

Ruby is on the left and Amber on the right.

When Ruby was still nice and chunky. She was the slightly bigger one of the two till she started shedding weight alarmingly:

This is probably my favourite photo of Ruby, as she was always playing along with silly stuff. She's 'admiring' herself in the mirror here.

Her strong personality meant that she withstood a prolonged period of ill health and only really appeared to be anywhere near giving up at the end.

They both leave a very large piggy shaped hole in our lives.

She looked to be such a dear little soul Sarah. I can imagine how empty you must feel at the moment :cry: When we need to give a Pet intensive Nursing care for some time when we lose them the loss seems especially acute. All the daily routine involved in caring for a chronically sick Pet disappears and that seems to accentuate the intensity of the loss :cry:

I hope that in time you will be able to remember your Girls in happier times and that those memories will make you smile.

Popcorn Free Ruby xx

Thanks Jane. Yes, you're so right - it was the same when Cassie pig died, and Dusty bunny. I won't know what to do with myself. I do probably need a little break though.

I'm so sorry you lost her she was a lovely piggy :love:

Popcorn free at the bridge Ruby xx

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

No need to respond, since I've had lots of lovely RU support already on my piggy thread. But I thought I should do a proper tribute to Ruby.

She came from Hazelcroft rescue, and was slightly older than Amber when I got her (by about three months). It's likely that she and Amber were related and Ruby could even have been the mum.

Ruby is on the left and Amber on the right.

When Ruby was still nice and chunky. She was the slightly bigger one of the two till she started shedding weight alarmingly:

This is probably my favourite photo of Ruby, as she was always playing along with silly stuff. She's 'admiring' herself in the mirror here.

Her strong personality meant that she withstood a prolonged period of ill health and only really appeared to be anywhere near giving up at the end.

They both leave a very large piggy shaped hole in our lives.

She was lovely, Sarah :love:

Love to you and popcorn free little one xx

Back