Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Bonding females!

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    I have a trio of 2 girls and 1 boy too. The girls were a remnant of a quad I'd bonded but the 2 boys in it died unexpectedly. The girls were unsettled on their own and at risk of breaking down. I took the risk of adopting a 'special needs' neutered male from a rescue and he calmed them down like a dream.

    My girls in this group are both fairly feisty outgoing ladies, but the boy is now the boss.

    It all comes down to personalities really. I was lucky. So, good luck.

    I think you have more than luck - you have a lovely touch with the rabbits, and life in general

  2. #12

    Default

    What do I do about space for bonding though? They don't have a run, the have free roam of the garden..

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    you could bring them inside? I'd say it really depends how they take to each other. I couldn't have handled that much supervision outside but as an inside bunny owner that is easy for me to say. If they can't meet outside maybe you could set up some puppy pens / panels and put old sheets over the edges so they wouldn't recognise the area visually

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by np88xxx View Post
    What do I do about space for bonding though? They don't have a run, the have free roam of the garden..

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


    The area outside is far too big. You can't supervise potentially 24/7.

    I use my kitchen - and section off a bit of that.

    Free roaming in the garden comes later

  5. #15

    Default

    She's here! daisy hopped in the house while she was on the sofa and had to have a see obviously. He's friends with anyone, I've never known a rabbit like him

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by np88xxx View Post
    She's here! daisy hopped in the house while she was on the sofa and had to have a see obviously. He's friends with anyone, I've never known a rabbit like him

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


  7. #17

    Default

    OK so this happened... 😮
    the lady we got her off said she'd just had a litter and was really laid back etc. So might be ok with a young rabbit around.. seems so for now

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  8. #18
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by np88xxx View Post
    OK so this happened... ��
    the lady we got her off said she'd just had a litter and was really laid back etc. So might be ok with a young rabbit around.. seems so for now

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    oh my that's amazing & very cute

  9. #19

    Default

    There's been abit of humping by autumn (new one) but nothing aggressive 😁
    Not sure what to do with them tonight though? Leave them together? I worry they may fall out in the night or sometbing

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  10. #20
    Warren Veteran joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Can you sleep on the sofa? If the bunnies will make room for you

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •