• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding females!

I sleep on the sofa anyway because of my husband snoring 😑 but they will be in the utility.. I'd probs here if anything went off actually. I'm a very light sleeper

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd be careful and try to have them near you so you can hear if they fall out. Can you put them in a pen in your room? Its tricky as you don't want to break them up if they've bonded, but I'd be too nervous to leave them on their own.

I know this is my worry too! I don't want to split them up but I don't want to leave them all night

I'd be careful and try to have them near you so you can hear if they fall out. Can you put them in a pen in your room? Its tricky as you don't want to break them up if they've bonded, but I'd be too nervous to leave them on their own.

I agree with this. As positive as it looks its really early days & bunnies can do serious damage to each other in an instant. If you can find anyway of keeping them in the same room as you I'd do that, if not I's split them up (probably over cautious of me but better safe than sorry)

OK so this happened... 😮
the lady we got her off said she'd just had a litter and was really laid back etc. So might be ok with a young rabbit around.. seems so for now
4be33ffb647ca76ef3c996b22a7942e6.jpg

And then there were three :love:

I thought once bonding you shouldn't split?

In early days when you can't monitor it's ideal to separate.

I didn't want to separate mine when I started bonding as it took us so long to get them to the point of staying in a pen without trying to kill each other.

So I grabbed a load of duvets and slept on the floor next to them.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Ideally I wouldn't split, I'd stay with them. I bedded down with mine for 3 weeks but I worked from home then & didn't have other pets, kids, commitments - I realise it isn't practical for many people to be able to supervise 24 / 7 though

Yeah I have 3 kids.. 2 of which wake up during the night so sleeping in the back room with them isn't really an option. They've not had any fights or anything as of yet and it's been 5hours ish. Hopefully fingers × they may be ok

Oh all hell broke loose! I've managed to get my boy and girl back together after them fighting, thought the bond had been broken altogether but thankfully not. The girls got on so well surprisingly but my boy wasn't happy about it 😑

Oh all hell broke loose! I've managed to get my boy and girl back together after them fighting, thought the bond had been broken altogether but thankfully not. The girls got on so well surprisingly but my boy wasn't happy about it 😑

Oh dear!

What do you intend to do now?

Absolutely no idea. Daisy's always been so friendly but I think he got jealous... all the grooming and attention wasn't on him I spose 🤔

Back