• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Large garden needed for a very special bunny *REHOMED*

Elisabeth

New Kit
Physical Description } lop x lion head white and grey markings
Temperament } Very energetic to catch but will make a lovely friend once she has gained your trust.
Age } 1-2 years
Sex } Female
Neuter Status } Not neutered
Vaccination Status } no but will vaccinate before rehomed
Health } In very good health now access to a good diet
Type of home wanted } with another rabbit an lots of space. Preferably a rabbit proof garden and not a run. Needs someone who has lots of time and cuddles for her. to give her some confidence.
Location } North Yorkshire but can travel
Reason for rehoming }

We rehomed her 3 weeks ago with 7 kits. She could possibly be pregnant again as kits were 3 days old and are now 3 weeks old. She is getting bigger but that could because she has access to food and hay and not just grass. xx

*update* here are 3 of the babies about 7 weeks old and Hanny. She is currently nursing 2 week old kits ( 20/05/17) Will be spayed before rehoming in 6-8 weeks. xx
18527916_10155191675539976_6223542647945507562_n.jpg

Last edited:
I've approved this so that any interested parties can keep this bunny in mind for the neat future but, obviously, kits would need to be old enough to leave the mother before rehoming (and would also be wise to hold off until it's certain she isn't pregnant again too).

Thanks Karen, I wrote a really long post explaining how and why we got her and why she behaves the way she does and why we cant keep her and then it didn't post. I didn't have time to write it all again.
If anybody would like any more info please just ask. She is a lovely rabbit and I would love to keep her but my dog loves rabbits too and not in a nice way. She is actually at my mums as it was mum that rescued her. We didn't touch the kits as they were so young but the next day 2 had passed. she is doing great now. The previous owner said the kits were over a week old and after we found the dead two we realised they were about 3 days old :( so hand fed them for a day and lined a foster mummy up but then she started to look after them herself. We have homes lined up for the babies and crossing everything she is putting on weight due to her being fed and not pregnant again as apparently this is her third litter in as many months. She so deserves a break in life with no men fertile men and lots of space as she is used to running free xxx

Oh bless her, it sounds like she's been through a lot. I hope you can find her a lovely home where she can live the life she deserves. :love:

Were you the Lady who posted on the Guinea Pig forum? your story sounds familiar!

Hoping you find an amazing home very soon!

Haha Hiya ☺ I'm not trouble ☺ This blooming rabbit is. The babies are getting big now. My mum converted the outside dog run for them all. It's fab and they all love it. Hanny built a new nest the moment she got in there. So I suppose time will tell now. At least if we can't find her a home the dog run is big enough for her to live and my dad will build some sort tunnel and run from it to the grass. It might keep her happy.
If she does have babies this week abd they survive we will sell them to get money to have her spayed. X x

*update* Not sure how much of an update but Hanny made a nest today with fur in it!! Do we take the babies out that she already has? I reckon they are 29/30 days going by the way they have developed xx

Thank you! ! she has 8 babies 😢😢all ok so far. I moved them into the nest box as she had them in the outside bit of the dog run. Will check them later x x

8 :shock:

Poor girlie and so soon after her previous litter :( I bet she feels better without those wriggling about inside of her, but 8:shock:

I'm pleased they are all doing well and send vibes for them and for their Mum.

I know bless her. She will globe getting spayed in 8 weeks so she won't have to go through that again ever x x

The original 5 kits are doing great. Little monkeys. The new ones are now 11 days and opened their eyes yesterday. All 8 are thriving. Proper fatties. Hanny is an amazing mummy x x x

Back