• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis

Thanks for asking. Yes I would say Nala is improving. She really likes her diet of forage, she's eating more hay and there's more of a spring in her step. Her poos are looking more healthy too - not quite back to normal but nearly there - at least shaped and larger. We did get one binky yesterday! I did put a single pellet of food in front of her again yesterday and she showed absolutely no interest at all. We were using the Supreme Rabbit food. I'm not sure about reintroducing it??? It's the first time we have used it. My other outdoor rabbits have Burgess Excel and seem to do very well on that. Having looked up their composition I see Supreme are Alfalfa based (ref Bunny Momma's advice) where as the Burgess Excel are not. I wonder if I should change over?
I haven't reintroduced any veg either yet (i.e. the usual broccoli or kale that she likes), although that doesn't seem too much of a problem as she's happy eating coriander, dill, dandelions and apple leaves for the time being.
Although I am happy getting forage for her throughout the summer, it will be a bit more of a challenge over the winter, so I wonder if I should aim to (slowly) get her back on a small amount of pellets?

I hope Nala is still doing well :wave:

Rabbits often do better on a small amount of pellets. They get useful Vitamin D from pellets, which helps with their bones.

I don't use an alfalfa based pellet, but maybe this works for you?

Just for interest:

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/

Just to say Nala is back to her usual bouncy self :D I am keeping her on forage for the time being and haven't re-introduced greens. I've also started her on a tiny amount of Burgess pellets which she seems to tolerate well. Thanks for all your help.

Just to say Nala is back to her usual bouncy self :D I am keeping her on forage for the time being and haven't re-introduced greens. I've also started her on a tiny amount of Burgess pellets which she seems to tolerate well. Thanks for all your help.

What a good update :thumb:

Well done you and Nala :D

Back