• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Diary of an attempted quad bond *pictures*

Jasperello

Warren Scout
Background:
Zuccy is my indoor boy.
Poppy (f) & Charlie (m) are a bonded indoor pair lodging temporarily in my 2nd spare room.
Lola (f) and Jasper (m) are a bonded outdoor pair living a life of luxury in a huge shed and run!

Since Zuccy is now on his own, we attempted a trio with Pops, Charlie and Zucc. But after several attempts that ended up with me requiring two lots of stitches on my arms and I've now given that idea up unfortunately!
Various reasons mean Pops and Charlie can't stay inside so I toyed with the idea of a quad, or the 2 pairs living side by side.
Side by side attempts were not very promising and Jasp was not happy at sharing his garden and showed referred aggression towards Lola. So we took a chance to see what would happen if all 4 were put in a neutral place with the usual rules of bonding applying. I thought they would instantly show aggression and rule out any chance of a quad but I needed to be sure so armed with heavy duty gloves etc. I was ready to stop any fights before they started and prepared myself for disappointment...But, and it's a tentative but! It wasn't instant hate, and there may be a very small chance this could work! So with a bit of renewed optimism I'm going to keep attempting this and we'll see what happens. In an ideal world, by the end of summer the four of them will live happily ever after outside in the Bunny Lodge as we call it! But we'll see how this goes!

We are 5 sessions in now, and this is what they looked like yesterday
17990983_204230556753575_1859735732661748686_n.jpg

18056883_204230580086906_572061126417838718_n.jpg

meanwhile, Jasp chose mummy cuddles instead for a bit!
18119336_204230563420241_3862145254333556454_n.jpg

Poppy (blue one) is the quiet one, she is more reserved and timid. Jasper (tri dutch) seems pretty easy going about it all. No mounting from him or aggression yet he was the one who was not happy at all when they were 'visiting' next door to him in the garden.
Now Charlie (English) and Lola (lionhead) are the 2 who are 'battling' it out as it were, for Top Bunny spot. Nothing major, just Charlie trying to mount Lola and she's resisting, except for once. We did have a quick lick from Lola to him once too and she's laid down so there are some positive signs there. But we'll see what happens again next time!

Hi, nice one! Its looking good! I attempted a quad, they lived happily together for 6 weeks and then 2 of the girls had a major fallout. But I had 3 girls and a boy. My mistake I think was letting them have too much space too soon. I also have a shed/walkin run combo so it would've been great. I'm not going to try again, I've kept a trio and will bond the girl I had to take out with my new boy. Just trying to work out how to split the shed/run space.
I hope it works, its lovely seeing a group of buns get on. Keep us posted!

What lovely rabbits. I do love tricoloured dutch rabbits (aww at Jasper having cuddles on your lap).

I bonded a quad a few years back and they have been happy ever since. We have moved house twice since the bonding with no issues at all. I believe that dirty litter trays are a really good thing to keep each time you need to move them. I also chose a large bonding pen and kept them there day and night for around two weeks.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...now-a-quad-More-pics!&highlight=bonding+begun

What lovely rabbits. I do love tricoloured dutch rabbits (aww at Jasper having cuddles on your lap).

I bonded a quad a few years back and they have been happy ever since. We have moved house twice since the bonding with no issues at all. I believe that dirty litter trays are a really good thing to keep each time you need to move them. I also chose a large bonding pen and kept them there day and night for around two weeks.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...now-a-quad-More-pics!&highlight=bonding+begun

Thanks! I do love my colourful Jasp!
Your thread is really helpful thank you! Thinking about doing a similar set up this weekend to see how it goes. I sooo want it to work so they can all live in the shed together.

Hi, nice one! Its looking good! I attempted a quad, they lived happily together for 6 weeks and then 2 of the girls had a major fallout. But I had 3 girls and a boy. My mistake I think was letting them have too much space too soon. I also have a shed/walkin run combo so it would've been great. I'm not going to try again, I've kept a trio and will bond the girl I had to take out with my new boy. Just trying to work out how to split the shed/run space.
I hope it works, its lovely seeing a group of buns get on. Keep us posted!

Ah a shame it didn't work out long term. Hope the new bond goes well!

They look stunning together :love: Everything crossed things continue to move in the right direction

Back