• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More advice needed

Tamwill

Young Bun
Hey everyone, me again! 😁 OK so I'm slowly starting the bonding process between my bonded pair and their son. Yesterday I bought an indoor cage as my neutral territory and put them all in together then took them for a ride in the car. By the time we'd circled the block they were huddled together and stayed that way for around 20 mins. Once they got up exploring (very little room to explore) they all ate a few favourite veggies and we're fine. Once an hour had passed I took them back to their separate areas pleased with my efforts. Today, as I type this they are all in the indoor cage again. Mildred (mum) is happily grooming Charlie (son) and George (dad) is laid on his side away from them. G & C did go head to head for a sec but I banged loudly and stopped it before it started and that's when G went and laid in the corner. So, to get to the point of this post - how long should I be keeping them together each day?
And at what point do I allow a little more space?
And is it a good sign that I could stop a fight so easily and G relaxed straight after?
And is G & C going nose to nose normal?
Sorry for all the questions!

I chose to put all mine together and leave them (constantly supervised) to work out their hierarchy.

I was able to calm fights by gently putting my hand onto them (which is amazing as normally they are NOT cuddly rabbits).

I hope all continues to go well for them.

I chose to put all mine together and leave them (constantly supervised) to work out their hierarchy.
Cage too small to leave them in constantly :( its only really the size suitable for one rabbit and to be honest id be uncomfortable using such limited space for even one youngster on a permanent basis!

Back