• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Has anyone given rabbits thyme to expell worms?

Hi mighty max.

Hope you are well and your buns?

Thought you might like an update. Pip and Archie are on day 7 of their panacur treatment. Archie yums it straight up. Pip is suspicious, but if we hide it amongst a few dandelions she eventually eats it. Haha

I'm not sure how I will know if it's working?

I have noticed this week she has a lot of fur in her poop. Lots of strung together poops. At least it's passing through though.

How long does it take for a poop to go through a bun? I'm guessing these means she is still eating her fur because there was way too much for molting. But I haven't seen her pulling at her chin fur?

She is a mysterious bun

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hi mighty max.

Hope you are well and your buns?

Thought you might like an update. Pip and Archie are on day 7 of their panacur treatment. Archie yums it straight up. Pip is suspicious, but if we hide it amongst a few dandelions she eventually eats it. Haha

I'm not sure how I will know if it's working?

I have noticed this week she has a lot of fur in her poop. Lots of strung together poops. At least it's passing through though.

How long does it take for a poop to go through a bun? I'm guessing these means she is still eating her fur because there was way too much for molting. But I haven't seen her pulling at her chin fur?

She is a mysterious bun

Thank you we are well! And always ready for an update Mervinius :D

If it's worms, then it may not finish working until the very end of the course.

I hope the fur you're seeing is moulting fur and not being pulled out. I really hope you can get this problem sorted ..

Glad all is well. Ah ok. Well the last day is Wednesday. I think I'll have to wait for 6 weeks and see if she gets gas again.

I hope it's moulting too. They are both moulting but not loads, which is why I was concerned about the amount of fur in her poop...

I've wiped her fur with damp hands and a bit came off. Brushing never gets much out unfortunately. Her other poops are big and golden and she's definitely hungry which is good.

Quick update. Pip is definitely moulting! When you brush her nothing comes off. But I tried the wet hand technique and I looked like a werewolf afterwards!

When we took them for their bun pedicure yesterday, we had a look at her chin. Very bald but only the size of a 50p and not sore. So don't think she's been pulling it since.

Now it's just a waiting game to see if she does it again in 4-6 weeks

Quick update. Pip is definitely moulting! When you brush her nothing comes off. But I tried the wet hand technique and I looked like a werewolf afterwards!

When we took them for their bun pedicure yesterday, we had a look at her chin. Very bald but only the size of a 50p and not sore. So don't think she's been pulling it since.

Now it's just a waiting game to see if she does it again in 4-6 weeks

:lol: I do the plucking technique .. Funny how they have so much loose fur and they don't look like they have any!

I'm glad she's not been pulling at her fur so far :)

How's Pip doing? :wave:
Hello.

Pip is doing well. She's currently exploring her new flooring! Of course it's had a few poops deposited on it to welcome it into the house. Haha.

They have a lovely new hay rack. To admire aswell! (Also known as a cutlery stand) it's hard finding something they can't jump into and then wee on the hay. She just loves to wee on it. Haha

It's only been 3 weeks since her last fur pulling/gas so it's a bit too early to tell. But I really am hoping the panacur helped but I also really worried it won't have made a difference. :-(

Back