• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My 'Distraction Therapy'-Updated 23rd April

Jane, it's fabulous. I'm a massive advocate of crafting to improve mental health. I can certainly lose myself in it, although it probably isn't that good for my blood pressure when things go wrong!

That's amazing!

Could do with one at work instead of my boring plastic desk tidy.

That is lovely, Jane. :love:
I wish I had the patience for crafting. We do have a ceramics shop down the street where you can learn to paint statues but I'm so rubbish with colours. :( My imagination has atrophied over the years as well.

Any talent I had with this sort of thing must've transferred to the kids! :lol:

MimzMum, go for it. I'm sure the staff would help you with colour choices if you feel you're struggling. There's no right and wrong in crafting, often it's about the fun of the process rather than the finished object -says she who blogged about how she nearly chucked her shaker card through the window in frustration as it kept going wrong!

although it probably isn't that good for my blood pressure when things go wrong!
I find it's not good for posture, spending hours bent over a table or curled up on the sofa, getting cramp in my hand(s) while filing sprue ends or mould lines off, holing parts to be stuck together until the superglue sets, or painting intricate details! But I like it and that's what matters :D

I find it's not good for posture, spending hours bent over a table or curled up on the sofa, getting cramp in my hand(s) while filing sprue ends or mould lines off, holing parts to be stuck together until the superglue sets, or painting intricate details! But I like it and that's what matters :D

Yep, I normally end up with back ache as I often craft standing up working on a table that's too low and aggravating my neck pain, but I still love doing it and I get absorbed in it.
I missed your two latest makes when you posted then Jane, they are both wonderful x

Back