• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Yuki

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Yuki was adopted from Honeybunnies on Thursday, with much thanks to Jill and Julia especially for helping to orchestrate Yuki's adoption.

Yuki's surrendering was one of the most callous demonstrations of human selfishness I've ever read. His first owners took him to the vets aged 2.5 - to be euthanised because they no longer wanted him. :( Thankfully, the vet refused, and a rescue place was found for him with Honeybunnies.

Initially, we hadn't picked Yuki out to be Arce's husbun. Instead, it was another bun - but there'll be more on him later. He really caught my heart and he'll be joining us once he's fully better. (I'm a glutton and Elphie and Selene could do with some male company!)

Because our original little lad isn't ready to be rehomed just yet and Arce was getting desperate for some bunny companionship, we opted to choose another buck between two. And that choice was immediately beautiful Yuki Winter.

I don't begrudge any of this one bit. Yuki is even more beautiful in real life and has so much character. He's a delightful lad and I am so so glad he is here.

We have bonded Yuki with Arce, who was beginning to feel very low without her sister Iris. She simply couldn't wait any longer for a partner. As the previous video shows, it was pretty much love at first sight for our sweet Yuki. Arce has her spark back and Yuki has been throwing binkies around left, right, and centre.

It's so serendipitous just how well Yuki and Arce get along. I'm sure it's fate. Or that Miss Iris just made sure to nudge him in our direction... ;)

Welcome, Yuki. I look forward to continuing to get to know you sweet boy.

xFTBie9.jpg

ICLfdYK.jpg

bVrBjp3.jpg

qBiZc83.jpg

Kgiox8o.jpg

QV9X1rI.jpg

uwM3dYV.jpg

*BONUS*
Xzv1imv.jpg

Happy Arce is Happy

Last edited:
Aw he's gorgeous and they look very happy together :love:

I look forward to hearing about the other bun too, in good time :) x

Oh what a beautiful boy ❤️ I'm so glad he found his way to you. But it just beggars belief that people could be so heartless [emoji17]

It's lovely to see Acre looking so happy again ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh he's gorgeous :love: And doesn't he already look as though he feels completely at home :love:

As if that wasn't enough, he's bonded very quickly with Arce and she looks so happy :love:

You must feel very, very pleased with the situation :D

I think it was meant to be and I'm so pleased for Winter- now Yuki :)
Thank you so much for giving another Honeybunny a new and wonderful home, please give him a noserub from me x

Yuki was adopted from Honeybunnies on Thursday, with much thanks to Jill and Julia especially for helping to orchestrate Yuki's adoption.

Yuki's surrendering was one of the most callous demonstrations of human selfishness I've ever read. His first owners took him to the vets aged 2.5 - to be euthanised because they no longer wanted him. :( Thankfully, the vet refused, and a rescue place was found for him with Honeybunnies.

Initially, we hadn't picked Yuki out to be Arce's husbun. Instead, it was another bun - but there'll be more on him later. He really caught my heart and he'll be joining us once he's fully better. (I'm a glutton and Elphie and Selene could do with some male company!)

Because our original little lad isn't ready to be rehomed just yet and Arce was getting desperate for some bunny companionship, we opted to choose another buck between two. And that choice was immediately beautiful Yuki Winter.

I don't begrudge any of this one bit. Yuki is even more beautiful in real life and has so much character. He's a delightful lad and I am so so glad he is here.

We have bonded Yuki with Arce, who was beginning to feel very low without her sister Iris. She simply couldn't wait any longer for a partner. As the previous video shows, it was pretty much love at first sight for our sweet Yuki. Arce has her spark back and Yuki has been throwing binkies around left, right, and centre.

It's so serendipitous just how well Yuki and Arce get along. I'm sure it's fate. Or that Miss Iris just made sure to nudge him in our direction... ;)

Welcome, Yuki. I look forward to continuing to get to know you sweet boy.

xFTBie9.jpg

ICLfdYK.jpg

bVrBjp3.jpg

qBiZc83.jpg

Kgiox8o.jpg

QV9X1rI.jpg

uwM3dYV.jpg

*BONUS*
Xzv1imv.jpg

Happy Arce is Happy

What a happy couple :love:

Thank you everyone. I still can't stop smiling; he's taken me by so much surprise. He's such a wonderful character. Still a bit jumpy around general household noises, but only getting better. He LOVES jumping on the bed, especially when I'm there, and saying hello. And he really settles into noserubs so sweetly. He appreciated the one you sent, Jill, but got bored partway through. "Ok done now," and off he hopped. Still throwing plenty of binkies too. I also just realised instead of choosing between the first 2 boys Jill offered me, I'm just having both. :lol:

Next stage will be completely bunnyproofing Mum's room so they can have their whole upstairs domain. Never got that far with Iris since she was always poorly with us. :(

Oh he's gorgeous :love: And doesn't he already look as though he feels completely at home :love:

As if that wasn't enough, he's bonded very quickly with Arce and she looks so happy :love:

You must feel very, very pleased with the situation :D

I really couldn't be happier. He's settling really well, Arce has accepted him into her space, she is already so much happier too. I absolutely adore Yuki Winter already. And I've still got another bunny coming to love, too. :lol:

A new video of Arce and Yuki. Was filmed on the 15th, 2 days after they were first introduced. I love these two. :love: But Yuki is proving to be the Duracell Bunny. He's mad as a box of frogs. Can't believe what his original sorry-excuse-for-an-owner wanted to do to him. So glad Honeybunnies and the vet saved him. He's transformed our lives already. :love:

Back