• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Abcesses in my bunny - Help needed -

Sending hugs to you and vibes for Thumper. I hope you and your Mum can sort something out today with the vet.

She is fine. No blood on pee till now. Vet told me to go as soon as im back for a check

Στάλθηκε από το Maya μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

What are the possible problems when a rabbit pee blood? Cancer is the only i can think.

What are the possible problems when a rabbit pee blood? Cancer is the only i can think.

I hope it's not blood you are possibly seeing. But these are some possibilities of causes of haematuria:

Calcium stones or sludge anywhere within the urinary tract system
Kidney or bladder infection
Kidney or bladder stones
Kidney or bladder cancer
Bladder polyps
Uterine cancer

http://www.goddardvetgroup.co.uk/pet-factsheets/Factsheets/Otherpets/24_290527.shtml

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=18+1803&aid=2839

Most of these conditions need urgent attention and are usually very painful for the rabbit.

As you do not know for 100% certain whether or not it was blood in Thumper's wee there is no real point in anyone speculating as to what else may be wrong. It would be better to try to ascertain the facts first :) The Vet will probably want to test a urine sample from Thumper first, along with examining her abdomen (bladder/kidneys etc...).
Whilst your Mum is looking after Thumper I assume that she knows to be on the look-out for any more signs of blood ? Hopefully it wont happen again and you will soon be able to get Thumper back to the Vet for a check up, as the Vet suggested.

Last edited:
Yeah no more blood till now. Although im sure what i saw was blood. Except if the colour of urine can be so same as blood.
Anyway vet will tell me for sure.
Just worrying if she has cancer it can be saved with a spray or sth else?

Yeah no more blood till now. Although im sure what i saw was blood. Except if the colour of urine can be so same as blood.

I would try to focus on all Thumper's known problems for now, until you see the Vet. Otherwise you will drive yourself mad trying to second guess everything.

Good news :thumb:

Try not to worry until you have a definitive diagnosis for the blood.
I know it's difficult but I'm sure Thumper appreciates you being positive :)

Sending more {{{good health vibes}}} for Thumper. She sounds like a strong bunny! She is lucky to have you looking out for her.

We are both fine.
Thumper same as before

Sadly Thumper today all of the sudden is not good.
Suddenly she cant stand at all at her back legs. she is laying down and not eating this morning :(
Guess its time to put her to sleep after all these problems , its time for her to rest :cry:

Suddenly she cant stand at all at her back legs. she is laying down and not eating this morning :(
Guess its time to put her to sleep after all these problems , its time for her to rest :cry:

I'm so sorry :(

You've tried so hard with your little Angel x

I am sorry :cry: May she have a peaceful passing xx

Aw :( Binky free over the rainbow bridge Thumper.
You did the absolute very best for your bunny, more than many people would x

Today morning when I woke up , Thumper was on her feet .
Also ate a lot of hay and pellets.
Tomorrow I am going to the vet for a check.
Gonna discuss with the vet if there is an option to increase the dose of pain killer. I'm now at 1.5mg per day . You know is it possible this ?

Thumper is certainly trying hard not to leave yet. I hope that the vet visit goes well tmw.

Back