• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lopsy's 'toy'

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
This is not new, it's been going on since we set the run up like this (with the tubes and bricks, so almost 2yrs?). We thought he might be distressed about something, but even food distraction doesn't stop him: he goes right back to it. There's no set time he does it and no apparent reason. So we've started assuming he just does it because he likes it.

It's a ring on the run that holds the door open/shut (can't remember now), and he generally just goes for the ring, not the chain. He doesn't go for the one on the other side, just this one near the garage. He doesn't do it every time he goes over there either.

So he usually 'chews' it, just the ring, not the bars, and he turns it round and round and round and round...

C9Sd8DuXoAAWFAI.jpg

Then he digs at it a bit:

C9Sd4RNXsAEQGC8.jpg

Then he periscopes because he can't see or hear danger while he's doing it, before going back to it:

C9Sd1W5WAAETTHT.jpg

Recently Aboleth's come over to see what's going on: dunno if she's trying to reassure him, see if he's got food (most likely IMO!), shut him up (it's quite noisy)...

C9SdxnfXgAAloc4.jpg

I'm going to buy him one of those wooden toy things that hangs up. Would've got one last time I was in Poundstretcher but they were pink, bluerch! I'm not worried about him doing it, but anyone else had experience of something odd like this? Aboleth's never shown any interest in the ring beyond giving ait a quick sniff now and then, it's just Lopsy's personall vendetta!

UPDATE: I was saying to the OH how Lopsy was looking at me when I poked my head from behind the garage door as he was making noise, maybe hoping for treats, and OH had the 'brilliant' :)roll:) idea of buying them jingly balls, after we looked after DemiS' bunnies who have a jingly ball they like to throw. Aboleth LOVES to throw things, and Lopsy's quite partial to it too :) I've also come to the conclusion Lopsy is completely deaf, as he gets startled if he can't see me or whoever and then I 'suddenly' appear... Anyway, bought them some plastic holey balls with plastic-covered bell-things inside and Aboleth was really nervous at first (not unusual, she usually comes round as curiosity beats cautiousness) but Lopsy was interested. Aboleth's ears were all over it, but Lopsy's weren't :) We put them in the run to show them, then moved them into their playhouse. We'll see if Lopsy just wants to make noise with his noisy ring (if he even knows what noise is?) but I doubt they'll be a pointless purchase!

Back