• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround vs *new style* Welfare Hutches Connector Kits

naomijane

Young Bun
Hi everyone, I've found a few old posts on this subject but they are at least 3 years old so I want an up to date opinion because the Welfare Hutch website states that the design has changed now ...

Want to connect my rabbit hutch with the run so the boys can go in and out as they please. The Runaround connector kit looks perfect for what I want ... however it is quite pricey 😬 £85 + £12 shipping for the combination I want 😫 I'm also investing in a new run for them at the same time so when all the costs of that are added with the connector kit it's getting unaffordable for me. So ... I have been looking at different options and ideas through Google and Pinterest etc, looking at if it was possible to make the connector collars myself etc and I came across Welfare Hutches who seem to sell a similar connector kit set.

The comparable kit (tunnel length etc) comes out at £42 with Welfare Hutches, however the pictures on the website show wooden panels as the connectors but the site states that this is the old design and that it actually has plastic connectors now.

Just wondering ... has anyone bought this new style kit from Welfare Hutches? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!! 😃 🐰🐰

Last edited:
I haven't as have indoor buns, but maybe you could email them and ask for pictures of the new ones if you don't get any responses / few responses.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Hi, I have a small tunnel and connectors from Welfare Hutches in the new plastic style. It connects our large run to a playhouse. I can't fault it. It's exactly what we wanted and was fairly straightforward to fit. It also arrived quickly. I'm not sure how it compares to the old wooden ones, but I would definitely recommend.

I've been looking at Runaround recently to compare, as we have some hutches and runs to connect. It can work out quite pricey from them, I agree. We will most likely go back to Welfare.

If there's anything you would like to know, please ask. I'll try to get a photo up tomorrow x

Hi, I have a small tunnel and connectors from Welfare Hutches in the new plastic style. It connects our large run to a playhouse. I can't fault it. It's exactly what we wanted and was fairly straightforward to fit. It also arrived quickly. I'm not sure how it compares to the old wooden ones, but I would definitely recommend.

I've been looking at Runaround recently to compare, as we have some hutches and runs to connect. It can work out quite pricey from them, I agree. We will most likely go back to Welfare.

If there's anything you would like to know, please ask. I'll try to get a photo up tomorrow x

Ah! Thanks! So helpful! A picture would be super if you can manage it!? Thanks!!

Well thank goodness for that, been trying for so long.

My dh added some sealant around the playhouse end, just in case you wonder what that is. It probably would have be fine without it though x

Thanks for that TTB, I've found that very useful too! Looks like stable mating :D Given me more ideas of what to put on our run when I eventually mesh it :lol:

I'm pleased you have both found the pics useful, getting them on here was emotional to say the least :lol:

If I remember rightly the connector plates are quite solid plastic btw x

I have the welfare hutch connector as I got my hutch and run from them! Would definitely recommend them!!
The connector plates are nice and solid, I had the previous wooden ones too but the plastic ones have a bit more 'wear and tear'.

Back