• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D 29.01.18 results - FHB survey - Origin of RHDV infection in domestic rabbits .

I was having this exact conversation with someone recently. Thankfully my Vet's Surgery is hyper vigilant re biosecurity, but another local Practice has a very cavalier attitude :cry:

Your vets were 'on it' really quickly with their attempts to get the vaccine too, as I remember, working very hard to get some stock of Cunivak.

I'm still so grateful that Eliza wasn't afflicted with it given she was an inpatient when they had the case at Crab Lane a few months before we got the vaccine. She was in the kennel next to the companion of the deceased rabbit :cry:

Last edited:
The rescue with only one loss stands out. Gosh that's scary about Eliza, it could have been very different

The rescue with only one loss stands out. Gosh that's scary about Eliza, it could have been very different

I went into something of meltdown at the time as I there wasn't any known cases in UK, so we didn't know much about it. I spent Christmas 2015 scared that I was going to lose all my rabbits. We are lucky that FHB even recognised it was VHD2, looking back at it... and I found out a year or so later that it was a Camp Nibble rabbit ... god knows what Hannah must have gone through at that time, especially as there was no vaccine available. :cry:

I went into something of meltdown at the time as I there wasn't any known cases in UK, so we didn't know much about it. I spent Christmas 2015 scared that I was going to lose all my rabbits. We are lucky that FHB even recognised it was VHD2, looking back at it... and I found out a year or so later that it was a Camp Nibble rabbit ... god knows what Hannah must have gone through at that time, especially as there was no vaccine available. :cry:

She's a strong lady but it did devastate her. I remember her telling me on a need to know as I'd just adopted Mouseypie - I got worried then, not exactly rationally given the time lapse. No wonder you & I were amongst the 1st to get hold of cunnivac

Back