Thread: Different hay

Warren Scout

Default Different hay

Ive been ordering hay from timothy hay and recently a friend of mine said I could buy a bale from her farm for 5. Its very soft sweet smelling hay but unfortunately none of my rabbits are eating it! Another friend said what did I expect after feeding them timothy hay but that they would eventually eat it if I left it.... im worried though cause they literally used to eat all that I could put down but now they are barely touching it???

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Niklovesrats View Post
    Ive been ordering hay from timothy hay and recently a friend of mine said I could buy a bale from her farm for 5. Its very soft sweet smelling hay but unfortunately none of my rabbits are eating it! Another friend said what did I expect after feeding them timothy hay but that they would eventually eat it if I left it.... im worried though cause they literally used to eat all that I could put down but now they are barely touching it???
    Can you mix some Timothy Hay in with the baled hay? Or mix some dried herbs/forage in ?

For up-to-date information about RHD2
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

To view reported cases of RHD2 and Vets reported to stock the RHD2 Vaccine

http://rhd2map.buntools.org.uk/

Shop Online and raise money for Animal Rescue + Care (ARC)

https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/home/giving-machine/

What I do is mix around three/four hays together. They have timothy hay, but it's also mixed with some more elite timothy hay (!!) and some from a bale from a farm shop. This sounds like the hay that you've been using?

Try that - or even mix in some readigrass .... they will have to work hard to pick out what they want, and hopefully they will go back to being less picky

Warren Scout

Will try that thanks x

Will try that thanks x