• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

boredom busting ideas for my rabbits

Hi,

I've had a bit of an incident and have ended up tearing the meniscus in my knee cap so I am currently bed bound and have very limited mobility.

Unfortunately this means it's a bit problematic when letting my rabbits out as I am physically unable myself to open the cage (can't bend down) and would probably fall over them if they were running around and hurt myself and my girls :(

Sadly this means they are having to spend more time in their cage and can only come out at the end of the day when someone else is in to let them in. I worry that they are going to be bored/stressed from being in so much so I'm feeling quite bad :(

I bought them a tube which arrived yesterday and they seem to LOVE it so has anyone got any other ideas I can do to stop them from getting bored?

Ouch, I hope your knee heals soon. The best boredom buster would be lots of space, do they have a run attached to their hutch? If they are indoor rabbits you could use puppy pens to make a rabbit proof space. If they are outside then you can buy a large run to attach to the hutch.

My rabbit likes to play with balls, treat balls that you can put pellet food in, or the willow kind. He also loves to jump up on things too, he has a storage box that I keep his things in, and I've put a fleece blanket on top to make it cosy.

Hi,

I've had a bit of an incident and have ended up tearing the meniscus in my knee cap so I am currently bed bound and have very limited mobility.

Unfortunately this means it's a bit problematic when letting my rabbits out as I am physically unable myself to open the cage (can't bend down) and would probably fall over them if they were running around and hurt myself and my girls :(

Sadly this means they are having to spend more time in their cage and can only come out at the end of the day when someone else is in to let them in. I worry that they are going to be bored/stressed from being in so much so I'm feeling quite bad :(

I bought them a tube which arrived yesterday and they seem to LOVE it so has anyone got any other ideas I can do to stop them from getting bored?

I totally sympathise with a torn meniscus. I did this exact same thing, and three months down the line I am only just beginning to walk without a stick :shock: It's agony, isn't it?

Are your rabbits indoors or outdoors? What space do they currently have for additions to alleviate boredom?

Feeling pretty sore at the moment but I'm hoping it will be slightly less painful soon!

The problem is the girls normally have free range of my room which is where their cage is (they are house rabbits)

I don't want to put them outside as I have a problem with foxes which managed to get into the hutches/runs and kill my previous rabbits :( They are too precious for me to take the risk of putting them outside.

I like the sound of the puppy pen but unfortunately there is not enough room to put one out and still have space for me to get past on my crutches for when I need to visit the loo.

I'm trying to think of other places I could move their cage too for the meantime but the only space big enough I can think off right now is in the utility room which wouldn't work as the washing machine would stress them out :(

I've thought about something like this and getting someone to put them in it for the morning so they can stay in it all day (there may be space in the lounge for just this but not their whole cage)

http://www.thesportshq.com/confiden...w_KeS-ayVdqY5BTvYWFKWs2b_WZMw78ruyhoCL0Lw_wcB

In Terms of Toys they have a couple of wooden blocks etc to chew on, a willow ball, a treat ball filled with a little flaked barely, some loofah carrots and their tunnel. - Is there anything else I could be giving them?

Back